Sr. Associate Procurement
Amgen Job Description
The Procurement Sr. Associate will join the Supply Chain Production Planning Team, which is responsible for setting the pace of production in our Amgen biologic drug substance plant as well as managing raw material inventories to ensure supply. The Amgen Rhode Island location consists of a mature, large scale production plant that produces 10 different biologic products. The primary responsibility of this role will be supply planning, procurement, and management of raw materials and management of supplier and customer relationships. More detail on responsibilities and opportunities for this are as follows:
The expectations of this position include:
Knowledge & Technical Expertise
- Well versed in supply chain concepts and inventory management theory.
- Procure materials using required systems and manage and optimize inventory levels, lead times, safety stock to ensure no stockouts
- Develop raw material inventory plans, including managing material transition analysis and execution.
- Maintain supply chain system (SAP, Rapid Response, MyBuy, etc) integrity and maintain purchasing documentation to cGMP standards.
- Monitor, assess and revise targeted inventory levels in conjunction with changes in demand/supply variability.
- Release forecast and orders to suppliers, analyzing, consolidating, and reporting supply and demand to the various stake holders in the company.
- Definition, creation, and ownership of business processes for managing inventory (e.g., Kanban processes and analysis of min/max)
- Ability to perform analysis and create processes and tools needed to manage material inventory and be able to assess impact and adjust processes when the business environment changes.
Accountability & Responsibility
- Lead small team project and contributes to large cross-function project teams.
- Create, analyze and monitor data and reports to identify issues and opportunities to improve business performance.
- Track and analyze monthly performance metrics for adherence, accuracy, cycle times and inventory investment. This includes understanding and contributing to the teams performance board and presenting the board to management.
- Supports resolution of challenging issues, and facilitates stakeholder inputs and outputs
- Anticipates and addresses stakeholder needs.
- Interact with Manufacturing, Process Development and Engineering to develop specifications for new components and materials.
- Expanded ownership of GMP materials, systems, processes, and suppliers.
- Manages the receipt scheduling and testing of materials to adhere to labor and demand constraints
- Coordinates and facilitate cross functional efforts to manage inventory (e.g., expedition of material release to prevent/alleviate inventory shortages.)
- Presents status updates effectively and concisely in a group setting
- Clearly articulates goals and assesses progress toward goal achievement
- Seeks feedback from customers, analyzes results, and makes necessary improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in communication and issue resolution with customers and suppliers and multiple levels in the organizations and aligned with Amgen values.
- Resolves minor conflicting priorities among stakeholders when facilitating issue resolution.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Develops solutions to problems of moderate scope and complexity to appropriately manage material inventory risk and ensure material supply.
- Leads teams to resolve issues and/or improve business processes.
- Leverages OE (Operation Excellence) methodologies to improve processes and decision making
- Reconciles conflicting and/or incomplete information to solve problems.
- Seeks out best practices to implement within own sphere of influence
Teamwork & Leadership
- Works under general direction and can interpret generally defined practices and methods.
- Partners with Amgens Supplier Relationship Excellence team to monitor and enhance performance and quality from supplier base.
- Facilitates team meetings to develop solutions.
- Encourages diversity and inclusion in teams.
- Develops and manages strong supplier and customer relationships, establishes performance metrics, and holds suppliers accountable for performance and improvement objectives.
- Collaborates and builds relationships across department and project teams.
- Ability to coordinate cross-site and cross-functional efforts in response to issues and opportunities.
Masters degree OR
Bachelors degree and 2 years of experience directly related to the job OR
Associates degree and 6 years of experience directly related to the job OR
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of experience directly related to the job
- Degree in math, science (including data science), or engineering
- Experience in supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, or quality
- Experience with managing inventories of single-use production components in the biotech or healthcare industry.
- High competency with computer systems (SAP, Rapid Response, Excel, or comparable)
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in communication and issue resolution with customers and suppliers and multiple levels in the organizations.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, data science, and optimization skills
- Leadership skills ability to coordinate cross-site and cross-functional efforts in response to issues and opportunities.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively influence and negotiate to resolve issues, gain consensus, and develop relationships
- Demonstrated ability to learn new ideas
- A self-motivated team player who is capable of growth and increased responsibility.
- Project management skills
- Working knowledge of cGMP guidelines.
- Knowledge of raw material qualification for pharmaceutical industry
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.