Senior Research Associate, Study Lead - In Vivo Pharmacology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Opportunity to boldly help our team redefine preclinical drug discovery and radically improve people’s lives!
- Directly contribute to our program progressions by leading and performing testing of NCEs and repurposed compounds in pharmacokinetic studies as well as pharmacodynamic studies in neuro-degeneration or fibrosis induction and other related disease areas.
- Help build our team and be a part of creating the foundation necessary for expanding our capabilities through teamwork, and balancing of tasks.
- Learn new techniques and ideas and mentor others.
- Do meaningful research and work in a matrix-like environment where your ideas and thoughts matter, are necessary, and expected.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a truly cross-functional team in an environment that requires collaboration and communication across multiple departments. Communication is especially important to the success of our team as much of our reporting is done electronically. We value independent thought and self-reflection with the goal of incremental self and team improvement. If you have ideas or suggestions for improvement, we want to hear your voice.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ years of actively participating in the directional planning, management, design and execution of in vivo
- Preference for direct experience leading and/or participating in DMPK rodent models, rodent models of neuro-degenerative or neuro-motor disorders, and/or rodent models of
- Set-up and initiation of in vivo
- Experience with IACUC coordination, generation, and submission of IACUC protocols.
- Preparation and documentation of compound formulation for dose administration.
- Oversight of data collection, analysis and reporting of in vivo
- Proficient in the following in vivo procedures: Dosing administration (IV, IP, SC, PO), body weight measurements, clinical observations, necropsy, blood collection through various routes (tail, submandibular, submental, etc.), and tumor measurements.
- Experience in preparation and collection of detailed experimental and animal health records using data collection software.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and via electronic software applications in a matrix environment. Additionally, it is necessary to give presentations describing procedures and/or experimental results.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.