Manager, Business Development
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
As a supplier of active pharmaceuticals, Bachem plays an exciting and critical role in the development new and innovative drugs. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for forging new partnerships with drug sponsors and key opinion leaders throughout the industry.Through these partnerships and emersion into the unique environment of peptide-based therapeutics, the BDM will strategically position Bachem’s services and secure contracts to manufacture new therapeutic peptide and oligonucleotide-based entities. The BDM must be enthusiastic and eager to expand their knowledge base in drug development and the manufacturing of peptides and oligonucleotides.Finally, the BDM will need to leverage internal team expertise (Project Management, Regulatory, R&D, etc.) to resolve problems and add value to company’s offerings.
- Meet face to face with new and existing customers to develop value propositions and action plans to secure manufacturing contracts, and increase the territory’s project count
- Become an expert in Bachem’ s approach to manufacturing drug substance for different phases of clinical trials, and develop visual tools to present this to potential customers (via PPT, email, telephone, F2F, etc.)
- Maintain and utilize specified business systems to confidently forecast revenue and demonstrate a high level of account management and control
- Distill customer requirements through multiple discussions, and qualify project leads before presenting to operational functions
- Leverage internal team expertise to find solutions where others see problems
- Elevate critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organizational barriers to resolve customer problems
- Monitor competitive activity and trends within the industry, and continually adapt presentation and product offerings for contemporary image
- Maintain a database of all useful documents relevant to convincing drug manufacturers that Bachem is best suited to be their manufacturing partner. Disseminate this knowledge in timely and strategic manner. Where appropriate or specific content does not yet exist – create it!
- Become an expert in the use of Salesforce to maintain/document allof the business relations hire with all current and prospectiveaccounts
- Collate and feedback relevant market and account intelligence from the field to support on-going development of Bachem’s competitive intelligence and market positioning
- Remain engaged in ongoing projects to help ensure that deliverables, time lines, quality standards, and customer experience meets or exceeds expectation.
- Ensure that quotes are prepared in a timely manner, with the appropriate information, and appear clear and professional.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, and other industry events, while actively engaging with those participants in order to represent company business interests and increase brand awareness (up to 50% travel)
- Support sales management by performing sales-related research and reporting as assigned
- BS degree in science-related field
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills
- The ability to serve as a business partner, and build relationships based on trust, engagement, and long term commitment
- The ability to travel up to 40% (50% to meet goals) for customer meetings, conferences, and seminars
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues.
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, or related field
- Experience/Exposure in drug development/discovery
- 3-5 experience in business development within a CMO/CDMO, or other direct exposure to API manufacturing, sourcing, or development
- Project management skills/experience
- Knowledge of peptide synthesis
- Knowledge of pharm/biotech markets and related global trends
- Ability to pursue and close deals, and maintain motivation when faced with challenging situations
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tool
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company, you should seize this opportunity.