Temporary Sr. Raw Materials Planner (REMOTE)
Manager: Senior Director, GxP Procurement & Supplier Management
Department: Supply Chain
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
The Temporary Sr. Raw Materials Planner is responsible for executing on daily vendor management activities relative to acquisition of GXP materials within internal Sangamo facilities. Works to implement business processes established by the Senior Director and others as part of the material flows within Sangamo facilities. This may require operating according to existing GXP SOPs or supporting the creation and implementation of new processes.
- Establish and/or validate existing business processes and then oversees activities:
- Support a “quality driven” culture for all aspects of materials management, including implementing processes that support this culture across the GXP supply chain
- Track and adjust materials management strategies for materials owned-by or under the custody of Sangamo to reflect physical activity and forecasted demand.
- Monitor selected materials that are “on-hand” for purposes of planning and control.
- Coordinate replenishment planning with Materials Management
- Create requisitions for GMP raw materials in coordination with Materials Management
- Monitor purchase orders related to GMP raw materials to assure accuracy and alignment with requirements.
- Coordinate sourcing and material allocations across internal and external production sites, where appropriate.
- Ensure transactions that impact on-hand balances can be accounted for in the accurate/timely maintenance of the inventory records.
- Perform Supplier Management duties with material and service providers
- Support onboarding and oversight of suppliers, including partnering with Quality to ensure appropriate vendor qualification and monitoring
- Lead project management related activities specific to GMP raw materials and supplier engagement. Serve as backup to Sr. Director to assure sustainable coverage of critical projects.
- Work with others in SCM, Tech Ops, Finance, and other departments within Sangamo to build out processes and systems to develop and improve business operations, reduce risk, and assure regulatory compliance
- Collaborate with Regulatory, Quality, Finance, and other groups as needed to support change control, complaint handling, audits, and regulatory compliance.
- Support R&D, Product Development, and Project Management for new product development and tech transfer to Tech Ops.
- Support Finance and Accounting operations (e.g. budget cycle, actual costing, SOX compliance).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business/Operations Management, or Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent life science field, ideally with a secondary degree or certification related to Supply Chain Management. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in biopharmaceutical commercial and/or clinical management with strong familiarity with FDA, ISO, EMA, GMP and ICH requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and Supplier Management
- Proven ability to effectively develop, communicate, and gain support for execution of plans with a wide range of stakeholders
- Familiarity with lean, six sigma, or similar optimization methodologies; certification a plus
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and written/oral communication skills
- Strong focus on patients and customer service
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment that will require management of several competing priorities while driving all projects forward and meeting program/project deliverables
- Ability to manage a high functioning/performing team
- This position is a dual-site role for our Brisbane and Point Richmond, CA facilities. It will require travel to both sites as needed.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.