Enterprise Compliance Director
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Compliance Director (Director) is responsible for leadership, strategic development and implementation of AbbVie’s compliance program. Specifically, this position supports the Global R&D (including Medical Affairs), HEOR, and Corporate Responsibility, Brand and Communications Functions. The Director reports to the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer.
- Serves as primary liaison to business senior leadership in Global R&D (including Medical Affairs), HEOR, and Corporate Responsibility, Brand and Communications and collaborates with them on compliance program enhancements and key functional activities.
- Actively engages with business partners to understand and provide proactive compliance guidance on proposed strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Provides strategic direction related to compliance risk assessments and trend analysis and provides guidance for compliant business activities.
- Manages and develops team of compliance professionals to enhance their knowledge and job skills to maximize performance and to adhere to current company and global regulatory requirements.
- Leads quarterly Compliance Insights Forum executive leadership meetings for Global R&D (including Medical Affairs) and HEOR.
- Reviews and approves all policy updates in functional areas supported.
- Leads complex cross-functional teams/projects relating to compliance strategies and execution.
- Strategically partners with Legal, Regulatory, Finance, Audit, BTS and other areas of OEC leadership.
- Understands global legal requirements and best practices and keeps abreast of new developments.
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Reports to the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer. Assigned matters have significant impact to company ethics & compliance program.
- Independently resolves complex issues and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Ensures, maintains and improves global collaboration specific to ethics and compliance.
- Assesses impact on compliance program and makes necessary changes as dictated by external developments, the business environment, and technology.
- Defines annual goals and strategies to align with business goals and objectives.
- Provides guidance and direction to all levels of management related to compliance.
- Demonstrates strong leadership competencies.
- BS/BA required.
- JD or MBA, preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience related to compliance support.
- Substantive compliance experience in global pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, written and verbal.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.