AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsibilities include all administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence, processing expense reports, meetings/events planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling teleconference, and Cell phone / iPad setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
- Provides general administrative support, such as generate, submit, and maintain receipts and expenses reports and scheduling meetings and travel. May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
- Responsible for tracking departmental production supply and office supply orders and surplus, invoicing and accounts payable.
- Register for conferences, webinars, approved subscriptions and publications, expense/reconcile charges monthly.
- Create and process ACRs, POs and POCNs through the purchasing system SNAPP.
- Support and identify new and departing contractors to ensure compliance to training requirements.
- Interacts with high-level executives and handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinate New Full Time Employee’s and/or Contractor’s office set-ups, onboarding and offboarding.
- Update and maintain - Advertising & Communications email distribution lists and Organizational Charts.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 1+ years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Delta View, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Lotus Notes or Outlook and understanding of business processes and requirements.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.