Solution Architect - eClinical Platforms
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Research is seeking a Solution Architect who would be accountable for architecture, design, and development of eClinical Solutions supporting world-class research and development at AbbVie. As a Solution Architect, you will be a core member of a high-performance team of data engineers and architects focusing on driving technology innovation and continuous improvement. This role collaborates with senior leadership, product owners, program managers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure team, and service providers to deliver the solutions. The primary focus area of this role will be guiding, implementing, and supporting a significant modernization of our primary clinical data ecosystem.
- Deliver on independent responsibility for technology strategy within his/her area of expertise.
- Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering activities, including data warehousing, data integration, data streaming, digital devices, data visualization and analysis, mobile apps, and application development.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Establish and maintain the team's methodology to conform and curate data, benchmarking against industry standards. Ensure that data are optimally standardized and analysis ready.
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain scalable data platforms, system integrations, data pipelines, data models & API integrations to support evolving business strategy.
- Provide guidance and assistance to development teams regarding technologies, application architecture, and integration patterns.
- Prototype emerging business use cases to validate technology platforms and proposed solutions.
- Research and recommend opportunities to adopt new technologies for continuous improvement.
- Align with enterprise architecture and other functional groups on relevant technologies, frameworks, and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable AbbVie software development lifecycle policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of IT experience
- Good experience in architecture, design, and implementation of data platforms
- Must have experience with database, data integration, and real-time data streaming technologies (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hive, HBase, Tamr Unify, Apache Nifi, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, and Apache Spark, etc.)
- Experience with data platforms such as Cloudera is strongly preferred
- Must be familiar with data analysis programming languages (e.g. SQL and Python)
- Experience working with clinical trial, healthcare or research data in an R&D environment is preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.