Executive Assistant- Irvine, CA
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a strong partner to the team, the Executive Assistant conducts, coordinates and monitors a wide range of administrative activities. They will act independently to resolve administrative issues, be proactive in identifying future issues and offering solutions to complex administrative and logistical problems, complete tasks quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy, maintain a broad knowledge of the changing corporate environment, and exercise knowledge in interfacing with key corporate and business unit management along with external customers. Additionally the Executive Assistant will build bridges with administrative assistants across the organization, assist with budgets, travel, maintain updated organizational charts and coordinates events, including any off-site meetings.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Provides direct administrative assistance to Executive Director, Marketing – Plastic Surgery
- Provides administrative support to ED’s direct reports, as needed (e.g., coordinating calendars, assistance with filing, printing, or preparing a room for a meeting)
- Fosters effective working relationships with other administrative assistants across the organization
- Lends support to the broader Commercial team, as needed, as part of being one team
- Exercises discretion while performing a wide variety of advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Manages the confidential and sensitive nature of communications associated with Sales and Marketing activities
- Coordinates document management, including coordinating receipt, delivery and filing of correspondence and documentation
- Tracks and processes expenses
- Screens calls and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and email
- Manages calendar to determine scheduling priorities, books appointments and meetings
- Ensures ED is prepared for all meetings; for example, ensures correct meeting location and directions and ensures ED has materials for meeting.
- Performs travel administration for the ED and direct reports including completion of travel authorizations, first-line support for travel problems, and expense reconciliation
- Drafts memos, documents and various reports requiring an understanding of the business and knowledge of the methods, procedures, policies at Allergan; may also proofread and edit documents on behalf of ED
- Answers questions and resolves inquiries on behalf of leaders
- May monitor budgetary spending by verifying charges against budget and reconciling accounts on a monthly basis, or as needed
- Participates in the development and implementation of secretarial/administrative standards, policies and practices for the organization
- Maintains latest versions of team headcount, organizational structure, team bios
- Assists ED and team with all event coordination, in partnership with site events team (e.g., identifying location, accommodations, working with any vendors, arranging for meals)
- At least 6 years of increasingly responsible administrative and secretarial experience with minimum three years’ experience supporting an executive.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, graphic presentation, spread sheet and computer software related to specific tasks required.
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with new technologies (e.g., iPhone, WebEx, Skype for Business, video conferencing, etc.)
- High school degree required
- College degree preferred
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.