Regional Director: USMA Federal South Central US
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
*Location: Position can sit anywhere in the South Central Territory
The U.S. Market Access Federal Regional Director (RD) will be responsible for management of the entire AbbVie portfolio of products within the South Central Region increasing sales and market share through direct management of Account Executives calling on Federal (VA, DoD, IHS), Dept of Corrections and Federal Prisons.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The RD is responsible for identifying regional opportunities and developing tactical and strategic approaches to capitalize upon them, ensuring effective implementation of marketing strategies across the region, and direct execution of appropriate product promotion marketing campaigns.
- The RD is responsible for providing detailed market dynamics and potential approaches in developing product strategies and tactics to the franchise team.
- Where there is opportunity, the RD will be responsible for contracting and formulary negotiations within their regions or assigned accounts.
- Lead and motivate Team of field-based Account Executives to drive KAM coordinated approach aligned with AbbVie policies and procedures within aligned targeted accounts
- Develop strategic KPIs to guide performance against company objectives and incorporate into motivating incentive compensation construct for direct reports
- Support successful negotiation for access for all AbbVie products in alignment with brand plans and expectations
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of the regional business including, market dynamics, key drivers and trends; anticipates opportunities and threats.
- Develops and executes initiatives to capitalize on opportunities and leverages strengths to expand the business and increase sales.
- Utilizes available information, data sets and metrics to quantify opportunities / threats. Tracks performance and manages resources
- Leads region as a business to maximize sales and ROI. Ensures organization is trained and prepared to maximize business potential, and that product message is clear and consistently delivered with high impact.
- Ensures proper account targeting and call metrics to achieve specific quotas and KPI goals
- Establishes a productive and diverse work environment by creating trust and respect within the region.
- Utilize all federal data reports to analyze regional priorities and opportunities.
- Fosters informative flow of objectives and delivers influential messages that gain support for initiatives.
- Through coaching and counseling, the RD will assist direct reports in competency development and career advancement.
- Minimum 5 years prior Pharmaceutical Sales Management Experience required.
- Understanding of Federal and DOC customers /contacts, pricing, rules and regulations is beneficial
- Prior Pharmaceutical Industry Experience to include Account Based Selling Experience.
- Strong leadership presence with proven ability to influence without authority at all levels throughout the organization. Strong Visionary style of leadership preferred.
- Filters organizational clutter to ensure clear pathway for sales organizational engagement and clarity.
- Skilled at managing conflict constructively, delivering feedback, acting courageously, and continuously raising the bar for performance.
- Must have strong technical/scientific background.
- Excellent project management capabilities, strong communication skills, good analytical and conceptual abilities, and team orientation.
- Must demonstrate ability to set vision and strategy, understand the business, and build and inspire teams for success
- 60%+ travel required
- Located in South Central geography or AbbVie/Chicago area
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.