Mgr, Human Resources
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Human Resources Manager/Business Partner will support assigned employee groups of varying size to influence and support business decisions, and ensure the people strategy supports the business strategy. The Manager’s responsibilities will include talent development and engagement, organizational effectiveness, leading through change, HR analytics, employee relations, performance management and partnering with talent acquisition. Responsibilities may be expanded to include additional client assignments.
- Provide human resources support and solution delivery of programs, products, services, and consultation for assigned clients.
- Manage delivery of HR services in the form of talent development and engagement, organizational effectiveness, leading through change, employee relations, and performance management
- Work with hiring manager and Talent Acquisition to facilitate recruiting, ensure affirmative action goals and job requirements are supported. Review employment offers to ensure compensation and other terms and conditions of employment are fair, equitable and comply with all applicable company policies and guidelines.
- Provide consultative and coaching support to managers and employees for development, talent management, performance coaching and other questions and concerns.
- Ensure consistent interpretation, application and support of Human Resources policies by effective communication, advice and direction to assigned client group.
- Participate in special projects including assistance with annual performance review process, compensation analysis, succession planning, organizational expansions, ad hoc reporting and other human resources related projects
- Identify, develop and conduct training, development and engagement programs
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree within a relevant course of study; a graduate degree highly desirable
- At least three years of business experience within the Human Resources function, preferably with experience in the life sciences/healthcare products industry. Manufacturing site experience a plus.
- Work experience within a sophisticated, complex corporate environment, as defined by size, geographic presence and/or organizational structure
- A proven ability to serve as a business partner with specific experience in a variety of HR modalities
- Ability to travel
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Demonstrated reasoning abilities and sound judgment
- Strong communicator verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Resourceful and well organized
- Inclusive management style – advocate of working as a team player, good player-coach, not afraid to roll up sleeves
- Results-oriented management of a broad range of HR issues
- Business planning and project management skills
- Experience partnering with HR services to address the needs of differing business units while considering alignment with company objectives
- Professional knowledge of employment law
- Specific experience within a learning or organizational development curriculum
- Proven ability to drive organizational change
- Experience and proficiency in functional components of human resources including: employee engagement, talent development, organization design, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and recruitment
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.