At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Lab Manager to join our dynamic and collaborative team in Calipatria, CA. The Lab Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating work that will take place in the lab environment.
- Scheduling and coordinating lab personnel to meet the experimental and production work load.
- Data quality checks to ensure proper data entry before transcription into the database.
- Inventory management including the ordering of required consumables to maintain consistent lab functionality. Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies and reporting usage on a quarterly basis to management.
- Oversight of lab personnel including training and effective communication of current and upcoming experimental operations onsite.
- Daily inspection of specific operational logs to ensure the proper completion and documentation of critical procedures.
- Maintain completion of scheduled preventative maintenance plans for critical lab equipment and other systems as prescribed.
- Update and maintain the Lab Safety Plan/Manual and the SDS Manual.
- Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustments.
- Maintains laboratory information systems by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as biology or chemistry with 5-10 years of experience in a leadership role or a Master's or PhD with 3-5 years experience managing a highly dynamic and analytically driven team.
- Experience in managing a dynamic team over multiple shifts in a laboratory setting is required.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions with a highly interdisciplinary team.
- Must possess a meticulous attention to detail while being able to develop, learn and adopt new methods of understanding.
- Must be able to quickly problem solve and communicate rapid schedule changes in a safe and effective manner.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred.