Director, Center of Biopharmaceutical Education and Training (CBET)
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences has an opening for the Director of The Stack Family Center for Biopharmaceutical Education and Training (CBET).
CBET, located at the Albany NanoTech Complex on Fuller Road, is an evolutionary leap in health sciences education and biomanufacturing workforce training. CBET is a purpose-built bioprocessing center with upstream and downstream laboratories that are equipped with the latest industry-grade technologies. Future expansion to cell and gene therapy labs is in the planning stage. The first center of its kind in New York, CBET has the potential to establish the Capital Region as a biopharma hub.
The CBET Director will be responsible for the development and creation of sustainable operations of the Center. The Director will report to the President and will work collaboratively with the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the President’s Office and the Office of Institutional Advancement.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We offer health, dental, vision, 403b and generous time off.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the ongoing development of the Center including facilities buildout and development of the academic and workforce development programs, as well as contract research and collaborative projects.
• In conjunction with CBET faculty and industrial adjunct faculty, develop and deliver relevant hands-on courses and workshops for degree students and working professionals. Be responsible for the continual updating of course content and workshops.
• Build a network of industrial clients enrolling employees in customized workshops.
• Oversee the recruitment of permanent faculty, support personnel and industry adjunct faculty.
• With the assistance of the Corporate Engagement Lead manage the CBET Advisory Group for the Center and recruit new members to the Group.
• Be responsible for equipment, workflow, and facility maintenance.
• Manage the CBET Budget
• In conjunction with ongoing efforts, actively seek and obtain extramural funding from federal, state, private and corporate sources.
• Represent ACPHS on NIIMBL and other external programs.
• Develop a long-term strategic business plan for the Center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Deep knowledge of all aspects of biopharmaceutical manufacturing – from R&D handoff through to drug product distribution
• Knowledge of manufacturing needs for cell and gene therapy.
• Preferred: industry experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
• Strategic planning experience
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent network with industry professionals
Education and Experience:
• PhD or equivalent in a relevant field
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial operations role for a biopharmaceutical company
• Prior teaching experience desirable.