Manager, RQS Finance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Finance Manager, Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety
The R&D Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety (RQS) Finance team supports the leadership in the planning and execution of both current and long-term strategies around resource and budget management.
The primary function of the Finance Manager, FP&A is to provide financial leadership to Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety group including senior level management (VPs, Sr Directors). This budget consists of regulatory and filing fees, employee costs and professional services.
This position and team members coordinate the Plan, Update, LRP (Long Range Plan) and Latest Best Estimate (LBE) for the Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety group. This team is responsible for timely and accurate completion of Division and Corporate Schedules including Senior Management review of major financial timelines and deliverables.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the budget in the Plan/LRP/Update/LBE planning cycles for Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety. Ensure expense forecasts make sense and demonstrate willingness to work constructively with the business personnel to provide financial guidance and ensure compliance to policy.
- Provide financial guidance to the Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety leadership team. Ability to work with senior level business and operations personnel to translate plans and actions into their financial impact which can be understood by senior management.
- Lead the coordination of Actual Reporting Activities including the research and reporting of variance drivers.
- Maintain controls to assure the integrity of assets and compliance with GAAP and corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Analyze components of the Plan/LRP/Update/LBE submissions and lead Senior Management review meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring the payroll forecasting processes are completed efficiently and accurately, providing insight and analysis to each business function.
- Prepare annual Tax reporting requirements related to US income tax, R&D Tax Credit, Orphan Drug Tax Credit, and other tax reporting requirements.
- Provide decision support and financial counsel for Capital projects and RCEs.
- Problem Solve, strong analytical, technical, along with the ability to communicate and work with various levels of management locally and cross functionally. Ability to review current processes, identify areas of improvement and work cross functionally to implement solutions.
- Support integration of L-AGN Regulatory Affairs, R&D QA and Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety
- Ad hoc projects.
- Identify and drive efficiencies within the Financial Planning area, while building relationships with Finance peers via collaboration and teamwork.
- The incumbent will be required to work well independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S., in Accounting or Finance required
- 8+ years of financial experience
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 3+ years of people management
- SAP and TM1 experience
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Builds strong relationships with peers.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.