Scientist I/II, Analytical Chemistry - ARD
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Analytical Research & Development (Analytical R&D) is a global analytical sciences organization responsible for all CMC analytical activities related to the development of AbbVie's pharmaceutical products. Our scope includes AbbVie's diverse pipeline of innovative small molecule and therapeutic biologic medicines and spans from the selection of Discovery candidate molecules through the transition of analytical methods and testing to commercial labs to support product launch. We are building a world-class team of scientists and leaders who will drive the advancement of industry-leading analytical capabilities and make meaningful contributions to advance AbbVie's pipeline of innovative medicines. Careers in AbbVie Analytical R&D provide unique opportunities to work with global and cross-functional teams to drive exceptional science and innovative product development strategies.
The new biologic entities (NBE) analytical development group develops state-of-the-art analytical techniques for the characterization of antibody drug conjugates (ADC) and other novel biologic. We are looking for diverse candidates with strong scientific and leadership experience to join the AbbVie Analytical R&D team and can offer exciting and rewarding career opportunities for these candidates.
We seek a highly motivated scientist with a proven track record of accomplishment to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Deliver results in a team-oriented setting while working across scientific disciplines to drive programs through critical milestones.
- Independently design, execute, and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions.
- Understand overarching project objectives and modify experimental plans as required to ensure objectives are met.
- Learn, understand, and master new experimental techniques and act as a resource and mentor for others.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook in compliance with Good Laboratory/Manufacturing Practices.
- Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry or closely related field and typically 5-7 (BA/BS) or 2-5 (MS) years of related industry experience.
- Must possess a solid understanding of protein chemistry and biochemistry, particularly as related to biologics drug development.
- Strong data and time organization/management skills coupled with strong interpersonal and effective communication skills for facilitating collaborations
- Demonstrate independent problem-solving ability in science and technical proficiency.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
*Job level will be commensurate with experience
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.