AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Directs the financial, general and cost accounting, information services and inventory control functions for the Waco, TX facility. Serves as an active member of the plant Senior Leadership team.
This position has a solid line reporting relationship to the Executive Director, Finance and a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Operations. This position is responsible for the following:
- Holds managerial responsibility for a Principal Financial Analyst and a Senior Cost Accounting Analyst
- Serves as financial advisor and partner to the SLT at the Waco facility
- Represents parent company in implementing adequate internal controls and corporate financial policy
- Manages financial reporting for the plant, including cost accounting, inventory control, capital expenditures, and financial analysis
- Actively seeks practices to lower costs and/or taxes for the plant
- Supports supplier audits/appraisals and internal audits
Incumbent has full authority to make decisions and/or take action that is required to carry out job duties. Internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, cGMP procedures, general business policies, requirements and objectives. The incumbent must be willing to take temporary assignments as required.
Regulated Responsibilities (including cGMP and EHS)
Incumbent is expected to be fully compliant with all criteria established by governmental agencies, Ministry of Health, and legislative requirements including, but not limited to: the FDA, European Community (EC), ISO 13485 - Medical Devices, European Economic Community Medical Device Directive (MDD), Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR), OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, EPA, DOT, EEOC, and ADA.
Incumbent will work to ensure that the company is in compliance with all environment, health and safety requirements and assure our business practices enhance the welfare of our customers, employees and the community in which we operate
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Understanding GAAP, corporate accounting practices, and accounting theories.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to advocate and defend a position in team debates.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced user knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized inventory systems (SAP preferred), with an ability to learn other computer based systems.
- Understands principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Solid business acumen.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration. CPA/CMA and/or an MBA is preferred
- 9 years of cost accounting experience in a multinational manufacturing environment
- 9 years of GAAP experience
- 10 years of experience in supervision and 5 years at the manager level managing a financial team. Experience managing information technology systems function
- Advanced Microsoft Office and SAP user experience preferred
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.