Are you excited at the prospect of improving the safety and quality of our clinical and regulatory systems? As a QMS Trainer, you can work with a dynamic team to deliver innovated solutions to solve national and global challenges that our customers face in the federal and private space.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience as an application instructor for small/medium classrooms; as well as remote training sessions.
- Support and Conduct Quality Management System (QMS) user training,
- Create/update user manual/guides and presentations
- Monitor and maintain training schedule, coordinate classroom reservation and attendee tracking to ensure compliance with organizational needs and requirements
- Work effectively with teammates; collaborates and coordinates on shared work products and related tasks across business analysts to ensure best solution.
- Provide input from high-level to detailed estimates for new requirements, change request and defect analysis.
- Participate in team agile tasks and sessions such as unit testing, story estimation, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Supports the documentation of product deliverables including, project plans, system configurations, gap analysis, stage gate reviews and decisions/ action item status
- Provide technical support to the system's user community and support O&M issue analysis by conducting initial review of change/enhancement requests and defects to determine completeness
- Reviews plans and deliverables; provides feedback for improvements.
- Clearly communicates ideas and solutions to non-technical people; builds relationships with stakeholders and serves as an advocate for client goals
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities and 8-10 years of experience including:
- 3-6 years of experience performing user application training in a health or regulatory setting.
- Strong understanding of health science, clinical or biological laboratories or quality management in regulatory or similarly controlled areas (i.e. GxP, GMP, GCP, ISO).
- Use of JIRA a plus.
- Agile and Waterfall Methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in client management, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Knowledge of/experience with MasterControl QMS strongly preferred.
- Use of JIRA a plus.
- NIH, HHS, or USDA quality assurance domain experience desirable.
The proposed salary range for this position is $90,600 to $110,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get...
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.