Business Performance Senior Manager - Global Commercial Transformation Operations
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Business Performance Senior Manager Global Commercial Transformation OperationsLive
What you will do
Amgen is seeking a Business Performance Senior Manager at our corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. The Senior Manager will report to the Director of GCO (Global Commercial Operations) Transformation within the GCO Functional Transformation Office (FTO)
The FTO is focused on developing new growth capabilities and driving productivity throughout the organization. This role will have direct interface with and support of one or more senior executives.
The Senior Manager will lead, or provide liaison support, for components of functional change initiative(s), drive improvement opportunities, develop and drive adoption of new critical capabilities, develop approaches to improve productivity and implement comprehensive change strategies to transform the organization and enable it to adapt to business challenges.
Successful candidates will spend ~18-30 months working on a portfolio of initiatives before transitioning into commercial leadership roles (e.g., sales and marketing, value and access, digital, innovation, etc.).
- Leads and/or supports the development of new organizational capabilities
- Provides planning, logistical support, and project management; works with teams to solve business problems
- Drives innovative transformational thinking, ensuring fair process, raising issues, and ensuring high quality results
- Supports idea generation in functions to ensure a pipeline of ongoing projects and pending ideas to align with short- and long-term objectives
- Plans and facilitates workshops and governance discussions
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with partners; seeks buy-in and provides on-going support to address business needs
- Adapts and thrives in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment
What we expect of you:Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experienceOr
Masters degree and 4 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experienceOr
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in biopharma commercial operating roles (e.g., global marketing lead, commercial strategy, brand management) and change management
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and lead project delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to storyline and prepare executive-level discussion documents
- Experience at a top-tier management consulting Firm
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles
- 4+ years' of experience in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry
- 4+ years' of cross-functional consulting and/or project management experience
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.