IT Systems Support Specialist (Temp to Hire)
Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for an IT Systems Support Specialist to join our growing South San Francisco team!
* Please note that this role is temp to hire. We cannot sponsor Visas at this time. This is not a remote position and candidates are required to work onsite in South San Francisco.
The IT Systems Support Specialist is responsible for providing day to day support and technical assistance to employees for network, infrastructure, and internal desktop hardware and software.
- Respond to queries via chat, email, phone, and our ticketing system.
- Provide technical support for questions and problems.
- Diagnose issues, and aid in resolving simple to complex IT problems.
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Technical documentation of IT processes and procedures.
- Install, setup and configure new windows and mac pc’s as a part of our onboarding and laptop refresh policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or closely related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of relevant IT experience.
- Strong technical computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Familiarity with both PC and Mac hardware and software.
- Experience with network repairs and analysis.
- Experience supporting enterprise applications including O365, VMWare, Intune, Okta, Sophos.
- Windows server and Active Directory experience required – including account creation, password reset, group policy.
- Excellent client-facing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to help employees resolve their issues and feel satisfied with the experience.
- Writing and editing skills to aid in writing and updating manuals.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401(k) with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.