Head of Supply Chain
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE - our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Head of Supply Chain directs all facets of supply chain and logistics supporting uninterrupted manufacturing of commercial microbiome and plasmid products at Arranta Bio’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Watertown, MA. He/She is accountable for building, maintaining, and continuously improving a highly effective supply chain system and workforce, driving activity to achieve the desired departmental, site, and company outcomes, and ensuring the highest standards of workplace safety and product quality are adhered to. The Head of Supply Chain provides direct leadership for material and production planning, warehousing/inventory control, and logistics, is a member of the Site Leadership Team, and is a key value stream leader ensuring uninterrupted supply of materials and finished product for Arranta Bio’s clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Identify and develop talent to produce a world class team consistent with the Arranta culture * Establish programs, practices, and processes to drive a high-performance and engaged workforce across areas such as Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
* Lead development of robust, cost effective manufacturing and supply chain strategies to enable uninterrupted supply of microbiome and plasmid products
* Responsible for leading the Supply Chain Organization. Manage day to day operations to ensure departmental commitments and deliverables are achieved. This involves resource oversight, planning, delegation, prioritization, collaboration, etc.
* Oversee the total inventory management process including but not limited to: weekly cycle counts, full physical inventory counts, posting counts, confirming tolerance ranges, recording variances, generating Zero Reports, performing inventory investigations when needed or required.
* Maintain warehouse and logistics Operations (including general shipping, receiving, and freight management) to ensure compliance with cGMP requirements, standard operating procedures, guidelines, and policies. Assure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as well all site safety requirements.
* Encourage and enforce a culture of compliance regarding Safety, EH&S, Quality standards as required by cGMPs or other Health Authority’ regulations, and company standards / policies.
* Ensure adequate resource is dedicated to correcting important or critical issues via personal involvement, delegated resources, and/or appropriate escalation
* Ensures awareness and compliance with Health authority regulations.
* Ensures adequate training (skills-based, cGMP and Safety) of staff within department, to support commercial production and Pharmaceutical Development needs through highly competent staff
* Participates in Regulatory Audits
* Attend and/or lead internal and client project meetings. Work with internal stakeholders in manufacturing, process development, process sciences, project management etc. to facilitate successful project and customer management
Experience and Skills
Education and Experience
* B.S. and/or advanced degree in related field with 10+ years of Supply Chain, industry, experience in cGMP environment
* 10+ years of proven management experience
* Minimum of 10+ years experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical manufacturing practices, guidelines, management practices, cGMP knowledge, and production and planning operations
* ISM, APICS, CSCMP, or Supply Chain Degree desired
* General Warehouse Operations (inventory control, shipping, receiving, ERP, lift truck, etc.)
* Transportation knowledge is a must
* Hazardous Materials (Certification: IATA and 49CFR)
* OSHA warehouse requirements
* Manufacturing, inventory, and resource Information Systems know-how and experience in a high growth setting
* Ability to work by influencing peers and their reports and gain their cooperation.
* Strong people management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage through complex processes/projects.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
* The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
* Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)