Director Category Management
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for over 30 years by physician-scientists, our outstanding ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to nine FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases. Our mission is to use the power of science to bring new medicines to our patients.
SUMMARY: The Director Category Management is responsible for developing & leading global sourcing strategies within the Raw Materials category. You will be a proven business team influencer & collaborator and will advise Regeneron commercial teams on global supply market dynamics and leading practices which maximise value, minimise risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness. The Director will work effectively with ambiguity to build strategies that meet future global business demands and deliver competitive category advantages in the spend area of responsibility. The Director will work closely with all local market sourcing peers to build and deliver a consistent global category strategy and will be responsible for directing the Supplier Management Program for global relationships.
- Applies advanced judgement, planning, and independent thought leadership in order to influence positive business program outcomes and drive the global category team deliverables.
- Directs and coordinates implementation of Regeneron's global category management strategies.
- Provides counsel and execution support to executives and individual department leaders.
- Either directly, or through a matrix, leads an organisation of procurement professionals responsible for carrying out global market sourcing projects.
- Champions the practice, tools, and processes of the Regeneron category management program.
- Develops and communicates functional strategy and objectives for category management in alignment with global business strategy and operational requirements.
- Supports the overall business plan for the organisation with significant impact on the success of company operations.
- As part of the leadership team, influences the strategic direction of how Regeneron uses service providers.
- Provides coaching, mentorship, support, and overall leadership to the team to ensure goals are achieved.
- Directs a team responsible for all activities associated with the development and execution of contracts for all aspects of the global business spend categories under management.
- Reviews major contracts and acts as an expert resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
- Supports finance to ensure all sourcing activities align with Regeneron's financial controls, ensures ongoing engagement with finance throughout a program's lifecycle for appropriate levels of contract and budgetary oversight.
- Leads or participates in global supplier governance committees.
- Identifies/defines best practices from both within and outside of Regeneron and ensures those practices are adopted.
- Provides coaching and mentorship on job performance and career development (if applicable).
- Responsible for conducting global supplier negotiations using a leader level mastery skill set.
- Directs the global supply market evaluation process by utilising all available market intelligence, risk, compliance, and financial assessment tools.
- Directs the global Supplier Management Program for the category including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars with collective input from the individual market sourcing managers.
- Accountable for implementing the global Category Management strategy.
- Authority to act as the primary relationship manager to the supplier's global leadership team.
- Leads & coaches the team responsible for the framework negotiation plan for the global category strategy.
- Coaches category and sourcing managers to ensure consistent execution of the global Supplier Management Program.
- Ensures successful outcomes to negotiations with key suppliers at a senior/global leadership level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 12 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferably include 9 years working directly in sourcing Pharma/Biotech OR
- Master's Degree plus 10 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferably include 7 years working directly in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech.
- Requires 4+ years of supervisory experience or demonstrated experience leading a matrix team.
- Working knowledge with Sourcing Contracting, ERP, eRFX systems preferred (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other).
- Strong ability to demonstrate standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analysing (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Cost modelling knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proven ability to develop and critique detailed business cases.
- Proven ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team.
- Program management experience and project management experience required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centres and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.