Functional Resource Manager
The Functional Resource Manager (FRM) partners with Global Development (GD) functional resource liaisons to assess respective function workload and resource information, to proactively plan and allocate resources, to identify potential resource gaps and propose solutions.
In this role, a typical day might include:
- Serving as the key interface and point of contact between RM and partner functions (ie resource liaisons) for the review and assessment of functional resource strategies; This includes assessment of available resources against requirements and confirmation of resource plans with functional leadership and Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P)
- Working with partner functions and SS&P to verify that study, project, and program assumptions are current and ensures resource utilization is optimized
- Collaborating with applicable functions to implement, maintain, and update algorithms used in resource demand forecasts
- Working with other FRMs assigned to other functional areas to ensure cross-functional consistency for resource and headcount management
- Assisting partners with capacity management, providing support for annual headcount planning and ensuring data quality for the Clinical Finance budget re-forecast activities
- Partnering with Central Resource Managers (CRMs) to ensure resource data is current for RM analyses and reporting across functional areas within GD
- Delivering regular and ad-hoc resource reports, including forecasted resource demand, capacity, gap analyses, and FTE planned vs. actuals
- Entering, maintaining, and monitoring resource capacity, resource allocation and resource forecast data and ensuring accurate reflection in the system
- Proactively identifying and communicating resource related gaps, issues and risks to partner functions based on analysis of resource data. Supports review and discussion to resolve resource and/or capacity conflicts
- Tracking data to help identify trends around resourcing and assumptions across Functional Service Provider vendors, therapeutic areas and partner functions
- Tracking & analyzing the actual (time card) vs. planned (forecasted) FTE utilization for all GD projects
- Providing training on the resource management system/tool and its utilization to partner functional colleagues they are supporting
- Providing support across GD functions for accurate and timely delivery of 'Time and Task Allocation Reporting' including missing time reports, sending reminders, and working closely with Clinical Finance and Sourcing to reconcile monthly submissions and providing reporting for partners
- Collaborating with business partners and CRM to deliver, maintain and update processes, guidelines, and templates to ensure business needs are addressed.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
This role might be for you if:
You understand how CROs and ancillary vendors utilize resourcing algorithms to support analyses regarding resourcing at the functional level, role level, and by activity
You understand activities required to deliver a Global Development program from IND to post-approval
You are flexible and adaptable with a refined ability to navigate ambiguity
You are adept at managing a limited supply of resources against a constantly evolving portfolio
You self starter with the abilities and behaviors to drive forward and obtain results by proactively engaging with partners across all levels and functions
You can prioritize multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence
To be considered, you must have a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of resource planning experience. Experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical/CRO is also required. Success implementing RM processes and Resource Management Systems/Tools and respective Dashboards (eg Planisware, Insights, Power BI; Qlik; in a Global Development Environment is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.