R&D Spec, Human iPSC Culture & Differentiation
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Research Associate to join our team of scientists in the Velocigene division. Using cutting edge methods to generate genetically modified rodent ES cells and human iPS cells, the Velocigene technology suite enables Regeneron to build new genetically engineered models of human disease with unprecedented speed, driving our therapeutic target discovery and development pipeline. The research associate will be a key member of the ES cell engineering group with a specific focus on helping to build our human iPSC platform.
In this role, a typical day may include:
• Human Pluripotent stem cell engineering, differentiation and characterization.
• Propose and develop new methods or technology innovations that enhance our discovery capabilities.
• Interact on a regular basis with high level Scientists to accomplish research goals.
• Contribute to lab upkeep to help maintain an effective and efficient working environment.
• Communicate experimental results and conclusions to Sr. management and during group meetings.
This role may be for you if you:
• Are a teammate who is able to work in a fast-paced research environment with regular interactions with scientists across the organization in various departments.
• Have an innate drive toward innovation and improving processes.
• Have strong communication skills, work collaboratively, be meticulous and organized.
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelors and 5 years or Masters degree and 2 years of hands on experience differentiating and analyzing human pluripotent stem cells. We need someone with a minimum of 3 years of hands on experience growing human ES and/or iPS cells. You should be a creative thinker, with the ability to troubleshoot and focus on continued process improvement. Experience with current molecular biology techniques, bioinformatics software and developing in vitro cell based assays are a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.