Engineering Technician II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Identify and implement requirements for a successful and streamlined in-house service operation, which is aligned with the current AbbVie Service strategy and goals. Oversee the troubleshooting and repair processes and work instructions related to in-house product Service and RMA. Conduct RMA failure investigations in collaboration with Quality, Mfg. Engineering and Production. Maintaining all supporting documentation, SAP inputs and weekly repair turnaround reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Investigates, troubleshoots, and repairs all Service/RMA items.
• Writes and communicates on failure investigation reports.
• Processes service/RMA orders completely and in a timely manner.
• Works closely and supports Customer Service with all aspects of warranty and non-warranty repair.
• Performs system upgrades as required by Customer Service and sales requirements.
• Report on status of all service/RMA inventories. This includes maintaining a log of all in-house refurbished service/RMA items.
• Report on complaint investigations, service calls and RMA updates.
• Inputs daily service call repair status into SAP service module.
• Designs, builds and documents test fixtures for servicing multiple product lines.
• Maintains work instructions of all service processes including the development of troubleshooting flowcharts/guides.
• Facilitate the design, build, test and documentation of simple service test fixtures and test processes.
• Proactively seeks ways to improve the Service/RMA process as new products are released.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in similar function.
• Experience using electrical test equipment such as DMM.
• Capable of troubleshooting electro-mechanical assemblies down to the component level
• Ability to read schematics and engineering drawings.
• Customer service experience.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
• Associate’s Degree, Technical Certification or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency with MS-Office software including MS Word and Excel.
• Experience working in a production environment preferred.
• Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, preferably SAP Business One preferred.
• Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.