Software Test Engineer III
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Software Test Engineer III
The qualified candidate will work on testing medical device software against test plans, requirements and specifications. The software test engineer will work closely with members of the development engineering team to identify software anomalies and issues with the system.
• Troubleshoot software anomalies
• Work with a team of test/development engineers on medical devices and equipment
• Coordinate between various groups to ensure software testing meets all requirements.
• Identify and evaluate software risks and risk mitigations.
• Write regression and user-interface test cases.
• Develop understanding of user workflow to create, document, and execute test plans.
• The tester must quickly become expert on system functionality and that of various peripheral devices as well as the requirements that drove system design.
• May be asked to create tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reported problems or load testing under specific conditions.
• Independently or with minimal guidance to create test environments that mirror a multitude of installed baselines.
• Implement test processes on projects, write test plans/cases, procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
• Perform functional testing Ensure all systems are running according to necessary specifications and operate within regulations to ensure the production of quality products
• Establish validation standards and develop testing protocols
• Prepare validation and performance qualification protocols for new and/or modified processes, systems or equipment for medical devices.
• Author technical documents (protocols, reports, standard operating procedures) to comply with regulatory requirements
• BS in any of the following computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or mathematics degree required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in software testing of embedded medical devices
• 2 years as a software and hardware system tester, integrator, or developer.
• Must have sufficient software/ hardware experience to build and configure workstations, understand the subsystems and their interactions in an overall system.
• Proficient with identifying and writing up software defects for software developers
• Programming experience with scripting languages (Perl, batch, PowerShell)
• Experience with Windows and exposure to WinCE based devices.
• Proficient with the characterization of software anomalies
• Experience using RS232 communication.
• Experienced in software verification and validation strategies.
• Experienced in Implementing test processes on projects, write test plans/cases, procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must work well in a team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
• Good communications and documentation skills, including experience in writing SOPs, work instructions, training and other relevant documentation.
• Previous experience with testing in a medical device manufacturing environment subject to FDA compliance is a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.