IT Compliance Consultant
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provide consultation and direction to the Infrastructure Services (IS) organization on compliance with regulations, controls, policies, procedures, CAPA and ITIL processes. This position is responsible for interpreting and communicating infrastructure platform and service compliance requirements. Identifies, proposes, initiates, and leads significant improvement programs related to IS compliance. Leads and provides oversight to implementation of testing methodologies and/or IS Compliance practices for the organization. Provides consultation to other business unit compliance teams regarding infrastructure compliance as it relates to their areas.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as a liaison and source of information on IS infrastructure compliance needs and capabilities for the rest of the IS organization.
- Represents compliance related interests of the IS organization on changes to the environment including process improvement initiatives, the development and implementation of next generation services and technologies, and on mergers and acquisitions.
- Responsible for the interpretation, development, and communication of compliance strategies related to changes impacting the IS organization to ensure timely adoption.
- Assists in the establishment of regulated policies and procedures and provides guidance to staff during review and approval of IS compliance system documentation.
- Integrates activities and drives compliance governance and sustainability across multiple infrastructure projects, service delivery, support areas, and provides compliance guidance/expertise to infrastructure staff in fulfillment of their duties.
- Responsible for developing and driving proactive audit preparedness within the infrastructure services organization and when observations are rendered, ensures follow up actions and commitments are met.
- Gathers and analyzes data and reports on metrics for assessing effectiveness of IS compliance related processes for the division.
- Leads the corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) process for IS to access business impact, root cause analysis, and creation of corrective and preventative actions. This includes leading meetings, working with shareholders to collect, analyze, and properly document required information, and meet required deadlines for process stages.
- Assist with review and documentation of exceptions to policy/procedures as required by the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT systems or pharma with 6 years of work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in or supporting a regulated (change managed) IT environment. Possesses a general level of knowledge regarding IT concepts and technologies.
- Effective communication, presentation, and meeting hosting skills. Ability to comfortably engage with various levels of technical, compliance, process, and management resources to drive results.
- Quick learner with good critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop solutions or resolve issues. Able to quickly grasp technology and compliance concepts and determine compliance requirements or solutions.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to manage workloads to meet required deadlines.
- ITIL process (change, configuration, problem, incident, etc.), audit, compliance experience is preferred.
- ServiceNow, GRC, SOX, CAPA, system life cycle (SLC) or risk management experience is a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.