Associate Director, BTS FP&A Systems
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manages staff responsible for working with line of business management and staff to: Define the business, financial, and operational requirements of new and existing systems. Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing systems. Determine ways of leveraging existing systems for new requirements. Enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow. Identify and resolve issues with existing systems. Leads the development and on-going refresh of the business related IT strategy for FP&A Function. Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies. Acts as a trusted advisor to the business. Key point of contact for overall IT needs of the FP&A business partners. Provides insight to the overall IT organization on how to best develop and leverage IT capabilities for the organization(s).
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Strategic: Understands corporation's vision, goals and strategies. Develops appropriate IT strategies aligned with the FP&A business. Elicits and diagnoses strategic business requirements for initiatives and programs. Provides advice and counsel regarding effective system utilization to meet business requirements.
- Technical and IT Process Acumen: Ensures designs conform to the architectural standards and enforces thorough testing for all releases. Champions continuous improvement to achieve quality and delivery efficiency.
- Champions change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Understands the business processes in multiple business functions. Leads development and application of strategy. Work involves application of high- level management and leadership skills. Has deep understanding of information systems industry and emerging technologies and implications for the broad business environment.
- Determines alternative delivery mechanisms. Understands industry best practice, strategies, and tactics in client business area.
- Budget Management: Negotiates, secures, oversees; ensures that resources are available to meet the long range operational demands of the area; oversee and control department budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures ROI: develop, monitor and meet expense and recovery plans; continually look for opportunities for cost avoidance and cost reductions.
- Leading People: Responsible for all aspects of people leadership; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separations. Confronts and deals with employees issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and promote cohesive attitude. Establishes staffing/resource plans, determining appropriate mix of sourcing opportunities (outsourcing, offshoring and hot skills). Builds high performing team with depth and breadth of knowledge. Fosters cross-training and sharing information. Works with contract companies to ensure quality contract staff.
- Participates in setting policies and procedures. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information technology.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience
- Project Management experience. Business and process experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory and employee development experience. 2-3 years strategic IT planning experience.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the processes and activities of the business.
- Able to understand and communicate the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals and can analyze the risks of using or not using such technologies.
- Experience with Financial Planning and Analytics Business Processes a plus.
- Experience with IBM TM1 Application a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.