User Interface Developer
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Purpose: Looking for an experienced User Interface developer to assist with the creation of web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who collaborates with teams of varying size to design and implement solutions targeted at making large volumes of data more accessible to AbbVie scientists, through the use of visualizations and other design innovations. Day to day activities will involve interaction with colleagues having expertise across diverse scientific disciplines, so good communication skills are a must. Further, knowledge of full-stack development is preferred, given that the candidate will assist with the integration and maintenance of the team’s solutions.
- Leverage cutting edge technology to develop applications across the desktop and mobile space.
- Independently design and develop solutions to answer scientific or business questions.
- Demonstrate proficiency across a range of technologies related to the visualization, and analysis of business data sets.
- Assist in defining the technology stack for driving UI/UX to the next level.
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience or Master's degree with 2 years of experience in computer science or related STEM discipline.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Proven Leader and Mentor.
- At least 2 years of experience developing single page web applications using a popular framework like Angular, React, or VueJS.
- Knowledge of advanced React concepts desired (hooks, context, error boundaries, forwarding refs, higher-order components, PropTypes, Routing)
- Experience developing reusable web components.
- Knowledge of D3 or alternate visualization libraries strongly desired.
- Experience with media (video, hi-res images) processing and display strongly desired.
- Experience working on an Agile team, using GitHub, Jira, Jenkins and other CI/CD tools.
- Experience developing full stack applications preferred.
- Familiarity with AWS platform, products, and services desired.
- Experience with GraphQL a plus.
- Experience with Typescript a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.