Associate Director, Commercial Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Associate Director of Commercial Analytics, Oncology
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
AbbVie is striving to outsmart cancer by working with scientists, physicians, industry peers, patient advocacy groups and, most importantly, patients to discover, develop, and provide new therapies that will have a remarkable impact on the lives of people around the world affected by cancer. Our goal is to provide medicines that make a transformational improvement in cancer treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. By exploring and investing in new pathways, technologies, and approaches, AbbVie is breaking ground in some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. We are also exploring solutions to help patients obtain access to our cancer medicines. With the acquisition of Pharmacyclics in 2015, and through several collaborations, AbbVie's oncology portfolio consists of marketed medicines and a pipeline containing multiple new molecules being actively evaluated worldwide in 200+ clinical trials in 20+ different cancers and tumor types.
Given the Company’s deep commitment to Oncology, the AbbVie U.S. Commercial Oncology organization is seeking an Associate Director of Commercial Analytics, Oncology reporting to the Director of Commercial Analytics for Oncology.
The Associate Director, Commercial Analytics will consult and develop analytic solutions based on business needs for cross-brand, multiple brands, or multiple therapeutic areas. The individual will derive findings and implications from physician and patient analytics to strengthen commercial understanding of subnational dynamics, performance, and opportunities; inform the annual financial forecasting and brand planning process; and develop fact-based promotional investment strategies to optimize performance. With minimal supervision, the individual has demonstrated an advanced ability to align business issues with analytic findings and implications and is a highly effective communicator of results.
- Guide development of marketing investment strategy to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of promotional activities and influence deployment of strategy through local optimization recommendations. Complete timely evaluation of program impact and response.
- Develop near-term KPIs and longer-term ROI measurements that will inform recommendations to optimize personal and non-personal promotional channels
- Deliver physician, patient, managed care, competitive and economic insights based on analytics generated by leveraging multiple data sources, including physician and patient level data. Integrate and synthesize information to report subnational insights to internal stakeholders.
- Leverage custom and syndicated data sets to identify and address key business issues relative to product and indication-level performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspectives are considered. Bridge the gap between new patient starts and total demand and integrate and synthesize all available information specific to the issue.
- Understand sub-national drivers of cross-brand performance, providing more granularity to performance dynamics across distribution channels and customers.
- Leverage innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Lead the analytic team, contractors, and external suppliers to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
- Effectively communicate results of complex analytical models and influence action to improve brand performance
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Statistics, Economics) required, with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information; including use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies. 1-2 years of people leadership experience.
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
- Advanced understanding of healthcare system, markets and stakeholders, patient journeys, competitive dynamics
- Advanced knowledge of key pharmaceutical data sources (preferred) and one or multiple analytic domains (promo optimization, digital, launch support, etc)
- Advanced communication and influencing skills
- Advanced agility, project management and prioritization skills
- Advanced vendor management skills
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and to influence in a matrixed organization
- Command of the Microsoft software programs (Powerpoint, Excel, Access). Experience with SAS/SPSS
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.