Senior Data Scientist
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Data Scientist works collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design and implement business technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems through the integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data.
This role will design and develop processes and systems to consolidate and analyze data with advanced data analytical models and techniques from supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
Senior Data Scientist is responsible to determine appropriate datasets and algorithms, to uncover patterns, to establish and maintain machine learning governance and global standards while formulating business solutions at multiple sites in manufacturing plants (with focus per line of business – Biologics, API, Packaging, Drug Product).
This role will lead medium to large size data and technology deployments in support of a variety of manufacturing business processes by leveraging statistics and data analytics skills, applying a modular/re-usable template driven approach for developing solutions per line of business in manufacturing (such as Biologics, API, Packaging, Drug Product).
This role will partner with the business, analysts, scientists, IT and business clients to track and map value driven by the project to demonstrate savings and return on the investment (ROI) for process improvements derived from data analytics insights (such as product yield improvements, reduction of cycle time, elimination of waste, and smart maintenance).
Mentor and coach related team members.
- Conceive, design and implement business technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems through the integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data. Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets. Expertise in software development, data warehousing, statistics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a scientific or business activity.
- Direct mentorship of others.
- A primary author of publications and presentations.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science and or related discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Chemistry, or related business domain.
- 6 years of IT experience
- 2-5 years of prior experiences data analysis, business intelligence including machine learning and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology experience performing analyses and presentation of data.
- Knowledge of Agile Project management processes
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing preferred
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma or Operational Excellence methodologies also an advantage
- Experience with Smart Factory RX system preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.