Manager, Technical Accounting
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Technical Accounting – Manager will assist with the accounting for strategic alliances, business combinations, complex revenue transactions, and other matters. The Manager - Technical Accounting will work on the purchase accounting for AbbVie’s acquisitions and will collaborate with other functions, such as Licensing & Acquisitions, Commercial, R&D, Treasury, Tax, Corporate Accounting and External Reporting. The Manager - Technical Accounting will use accounting research tools to identify the appropriate accounting for transactions and accounting issues as they arise.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Performs a variety of complex accounting analyses including accounting for strategic alliances and business combinations, significant revenue contracts, accounting for contingent consideration liabilities and restructurings.
- Coordinates with external auditors and external valuation resources.
- Prepares intangible asset and goodwill impairment tests.
- Prepares certain financial statement footnotes for AbbVie public filings including Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Research technical accounting and disclosure impacts of new transactions and accounting guidance, including XBRL considerations.
- Assists in implementing new accounting guidance and drafting accounting policies.
- Collaborates with other functions within AbbVie such as Licensing and Acquisitions, Commercial, R&D, Treasury, Tax, Corporate Accounting, and External Reporting to perform various analyses related to collaborations and/or business combination deals.
- Provides accounting technical support to U.S. and international affiliates.
- Leads other significant projects which vary based on AbbVie’s business transactions and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a total of 7 years of experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong technical accounting, analytical and research skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.