Accounts Payable Specialist
As an Accounts Payable Specialist on the Finance team, you will manage the accounts payable processes, including maintaining a large number of vendor accounts while aligning with company policies and ensuring all supplier invoices are accurately documented, recorded, authorized, and paid timely. You will also ensure expense reporting for corporate credit cards are completed by all personnel in a timely manner, including categorization of expenses and collection of receipts. Additionally, you will reconcile all accounts payable and credit card expenses at the end of every month for timely month-end close processes. The accounts payable specialist is expected to have a high level of reliability, precision and attention to detail in accounts payable. This position will allow the candidate to apply expertise, industry-specific knowledge and high level of organization learned from years of experience. As a valuable accounts payable specialist, you will become the trusted employee of our Finance Department and help meet quarterly and annual financial statement close deadlines. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Vendor invoices data entry and contracts monitoring in the system. Verify the accuracy of data entry and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Maintain vendor accounts, including up-to-date documentation such as payment information and W-9s.
- Prepare and issue 1099 tax information returns to applicable vendors
- Communicate effectively with vendors, internal managers, and department members regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations, flux analyses, month-end close, and occasional ad hoc tasks.
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies. Monitor, reconcile, and ensure accuracy of AP Aging.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the financial manager.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Takes initiative and has strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel and Word
- Information management skills
- Three years of general accounting experience
Rain Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Rain are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.