Laboratory Manager, Bioprocess Development
Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us reach our goals we are looking to hire a highly motivated Lab Manager to broadly support the BioProcess Development team.
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Would you like the opportunity to scale laboratory operations and make significant contributions to a dynamic and fast-growing company?
- Are you extremely organized, detail oriented, and function well in multi- disciplinary environments?
- Do you enjoy problem solving by thinking outside of the box?
- Does being part of a collaborative and dynamic group of talented professionals excite you?
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Manage scheduling of lab equipment (fermenters, homogenizers, lyophilizers, etc.) and support staff across multiple projects
- Coordinate with service providers for equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, calibration, and work with Facilities group regarding utilities and cleaning services.
- Work with EH&S to ensure a safe work environment for all Bioprocess operations
- Manage procurement, receipt, and stocking of consumables spare parts and chemicals specific to Bioprocess Development
- Participate in development and documentation of best practices in standard operating procedures and batch records.
- Supervise support staff and train new hires in lab operations.
- Monitor operational KPIs to inform continuous improvement.
- Design and prepare new laboratories including space and utility requirements.
- Coordinate installation of new equipment.
- Assist in the execution of experiments as necessary.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- BS or equivalent recognized qualification in engineering with 2 - 5 years of experience working in a fermentation process development laboratory
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment such as pipettes, freezers, incubators, centrifuges, homogenizers, lyophilizers, plate readers, etc.
- Experience in lab consumable or equipment procurement, maintenance, calibration, and in working with suppliers and maintenance engineers desired
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to set own priorities in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task, think critically and work both independently and within teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written), documentation, organization and interpersonal skills
- A focus on safety and good laboratory practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic computer skills required, such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)\
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on the first 4% of your 401k contribution
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.