Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc. team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our customers to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us reach our goals we are looking to hire a Bioinformatics Scientist I to join our Computational Biology Team
If any of the below describe you, we would love to meet you!
- Do you have a passion for directed evolution projects?
- Do you have insight into the structure and mechanism of engineered proteins?
- Are you eager to do something fascinating and different with your knowledge?
- Will you thrive in a highly collaborative and cross functional team environment?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting directed evolution efforts in R&D by providing insight into the structure and mechanism of targeted engineered proteins.
- You will be expected to propose directed evolution strategies, support structural modeling, docking, analysis and visualization of proteins in the context of high throughput screening data, and communicate these findings during project meetings to a multidisciplinary team or a potential customer
- Generate reliable structural models of proteins.
- in-silico docking of substrates/products/transition states into the active site of an enzyme.
- A solid understanding of enzyme mechanisms reflected in publication record and/or resume.
- A good understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Comfortable using statistics to facilitate the interpretation of scientific data.
- Experience with structure modeling and visualization software such as MOE, Discovery Studio, Pymol, etc.
- Some experience with a scripting language (python, java, perl, C++, etc.) to perform iterative tasks.
- Familiarity with biologic therapeutics, particularly developability and immunogenicity predictive tools, is desired.
- Experience with computational protein design software is desired.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- A PhD is required with a preference for Postdoctoral work with emphasis in computational or structural biology.
- A solid publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong multitasking skills
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating with many individuals across the company.
- Experience writing proposals is desired but not required.
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on the first 4% of your 401k contribution
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.