Research Assistant/Associate Analytical Biochemistry
Are you ready to join our mission to fight rare diseases? Do you have a passion to help people have better quality of life? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Codexis’s Biotherapeutics division uses our world-leading CodeEvolver® protein engineering platform to discover novel therapies for the treatment of genetic disorders and other debilitating disease. We engineer proteins with high efficacy and safety with the goal of delivering the therapeutic to patients as an enzyme replacement, mRNA, or gene therapy.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
To help us meet these goals, we are looking to hire a Research Assistant/Associate to join our Biochemistry team. As part of this interdisciplinary, dynamic and enthusiastic team you will design, optimize and validate protein therapeutics
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Are you passionate about large-molecule drug discovery to improve the quality of life for patients with rare diseases?
- Are you interested in developing methods in proteomics and protein biochemistry?
- Are you able to think creatively to develop out of the box solutions to reach your end goal?
- Do you thrive in a diverse and collaborative team environment?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing analytical methods for HTP screening of enzyme libraries in complex environments and under application relevant conditions.
- Assisting with analysis of small molecules for structural elucidation, impurity and metabolite identification using GC, LC, GC/MS, LC/MS and UV/Vis spectrophotometry.
- Assisting with LC/MS based techniques for protein characterization.
- Optimizing methods for preparing samples from mammalian cell culture and other biofluids for standard proteomics workflows (monitoring expression changes at the protein level, intact protein mass analysis, proteome mass mapping, etc.).
- Managing analysis of large data sets and utilization of the LIMS system to track samples and analyses.
- Actively participating in project teams, presenting research updates, collaborating with cross-functional team members, training of junior staff and transferring of protocols.
- Maintaining a safe and efficient workplace, following safe lab practices, participating in lab organization, housekeeping, and weekly maintenance activities.
- Keeping diligent records, and write reports and SOPs as needed.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Bioengineering, or related field; with at least 3 years of experience related to proteomic analysis. Level of hiring will be based on the candidate’s experience and capabilities.
- Knowledge or experience in analytical techniques such as SEC-MALS, Dionex-IC, HPAEC-PAD, UPLC-CAD or other related analytical techniques is highly desired.
- Interest or experience in high-throughput screening and laboratory automation is a plus.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to work under tight timelines in a collaborative team setting.
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on day your first day
- 100% match on the first 4% of your 401k contribution
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.