Protein Scientist, Analytical Development
Are you ready to join our mission to enhance protein optimization and production? Do you have a passion for applying innovative technology to create novel products? Come be part of the Codexis, Inc team where every day we get to unlock the power of proteins®!
Since 2002, Codexis’ scientists and bioinformatics experts have worked collaboratively with our clients to do just that, enabling breakthrough developments for applications across multiple industries! As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform.
But we can’t do it without YOU!
As Codexis expands its footprint we are in constant need to find new ways to diversify applications of our CodeEvolverTM protein engineering platform. To help us meet this goal we are looking to hire a Scientist, Analytical Development (level will depend on experience) to join our Analytical Development team. As part of this creative and critical thinking team you will develop assays and characterize proteins for industrial enzymes and biotherapeutics candidates
If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Are you extremely detail oriented, yet function well in the grey areas?
- Are you able to troubleshoot and find solutions by thinking outside of the box?
- Do you thrive in an environment that allows you to contribute towards a path that leads to the end result?
- Are you passionate about impeccable quality?
- Does leading the technical aspect of projects excite you?
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Independently design and carry out method development and validation following ICH Q2 for release and stability assays for Codexis products
- Design, develop and validate bioassays for PK, PD and ADA
- Independently develop and execute analytical strategies to solve process development, product development and translational study problems
- Provide analytical consultation and support to project teams
- Design and execute physicochemical characterization and pre-formulation studies
- Prepare test methods, protocols, summary reports and technical documentation
- Troubleshoot HPLC and analytical instrumentation problems
- Maintain knowledge of new emerging techniques and equipment to add to the knowledge pool of the group and provide input for all ongoing development programs and instrument acquisitions
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Provide development guidance to analysts in the group
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- PhD with post-doctoral experience, preferably in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or related field with a strong emphasis on protein biochemistry; your title will depend on year relevant industry experience.
- Experience in development of CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Experience with protein characterization and enzyme-based assays is required
- Thorough knowledge of HPLC method development and instrumentation
- Demonstrated expertise in the independent design and execution of analytical development projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
A Working knowledge of the following would be deemed a huge plus!
- Experience of analytical methods transfer
- Analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, LC-MS
What can Codexis offer you? (besides an amazing and collaborative culture?)
- Full benefits on day your first day
- 100% match on the first 4% of your 401k contribution
- Generous flex time off
- Fitness reimbursement
- Free fitness classes
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Much more!
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.