Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering
Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering
Bio-Rad Clinical Diagnostics Group (CDG) is one of the leading global providers of tests for infectious and autoimmune disease screening, diabetes screening and monitoring, blood grouping as well as a whole range of reagents and software for laboratory quality control. CDG provides over 3,000 reagents, devices and instruments for about 300 diagnostic tests to a global customer base. At Bio-Rad CDG we are building a world class global R&D capability to support our ambitious clinical diagnostics strategy and drive long term growth for the company. An important part of this transformation is the creation of a Global Systems Engineering Organization, based in Hercules, Ca to support all of our existing core diagnostics platforms and to execute an exciting new product roadmap.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to bring together existing systems engineering talent under one function and to build on that group to create a global systems development team including Systems Architecture, Requirement Mgmt., V&V and Reliability capabilities. The newly formed System Engineering team will play a major role in execution of new platform development for two of our diagnostics franchises as well as for a complex multi-year technology transfer and sustaining of a large portfolio of existing products.
For the right engineering leader, this career-defining role will represent a unique opportunity to build a world class team and to make a lasting impact in the clinical diagnostics field.
• Develop a multi-year functional plan for the system engineering team, aligned with overall R&D and engineering functional strategies.
• Refine organizational structure and recruit top talent into critical roles, including coaching and development of next level talent in the succession pipeline.
• Deliver functional excellence to all approved NPD and sustaining programs by identifying, recruiting, and developing core team members that could represent multiple disciplines of engineering and/or broader R&D on the project core teams.
• Implement functional management processes and tools to monitor progress of engineering deliverable to all teams across the portfolio.
• Provide input and insight to quarterly portfolio mgmt. process through upkeep of resource management data base and resolution of resource conflicts related to systems engineering across the portfolio.
• Challenge and support core team members to ensure highest level of systems engineering rigor is delivered to every project team.
• Build upon the existing engineering capability in the areas of Systems Architecture, Systems Development, V&V, Reliability, Design for Six Sigma, Advanced Modeling, Analysis and Simulation.
• Implement systems engineering best practices to support product development activities e.g. Systems Design, requirements management, V&V, defect tracking & reliability growth.
• Define usability evaluation plans and conduct and coordinate usability testing activities and ensure usability engineering is applied according to international standards.
• MS (or equivalent experience) in Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical or other relevant engineering disciplines. PhD or MBA, a plus.
• 3 years of demonstrated experience of managing and growing successful engineering teams with emphasis on systems architecture, reliability and V&V.
• 8 Years of experience in design and development of complex integrated solutions comprising of hardware, software & assays in the life sciences / diagnostics industry (or equivalent experience in other industries) with demonstrated commercial success in the field.
• Advanced proficiency in systems modeling using modern tools.
• 5 years of experience working in a regulated industry, ideally within the clinical diagnostics filed with experience with FDA and other global regulatory environments.
• Proven track record of project management.
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making.
• Ability to foresee and manage risks within current projects and/or technology.
• Ability to influence cross-functional partners, business units, and/or sites.
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and changing work environment.
• Lean and Six Sigma experience to drive a continuous improvement environment leading to a higher efficiency.
• Cultivation of talent and ‘one-team' culture - Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams.
• Leadership in Innovation - Ability to build and cultivate a culture of growth, risk tolerance, learning and continuous improvement.
• Communications - A fluent and engaging communicator to all levels of the organization.
• Customer Centricity - A relentless passion for learning about customers' unmet needs through frequent and high value engagement.
• Change Agent - Ability to envision and articulate a compelling future state and to inspire teams towards it.
• Seamless Execution- Experienced in rigorous and thoughtful planning and execution of complex projects.
• Organizational Savvy - Knowledgeable about how organizations work and understands organizational cultures. Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network.
At Bio-Rad we value innovation and performance that is derived from bringing together people from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for our customers and stakeholders. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. Further, we welcome members of all minority communities, LGBTQ, female leaders and others to apply to our open positions and join our growing team.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.