Senior Research Scientist, Pharmacology
Position: Senior Research Scientist
Reporting To: Director, Pharmacology
Nitto BioPharma Inc is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. We are currently seeking a talented, highly motivated and independent research scientist to join our pharmacology/drug discovery group. The successful candidate is expected to lead immuno-oncology drug discovery research, and to execute in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro studies to evaluate new drug targets, novel drug candidates and treatment modalities to address unmet medical needs.
Major Job Functions
• Develop immuno-oncology therapeutic concepts and strategies
• Identify and validate novel drug targets using different approaches
• Develop and evaluate in vivo and in vitro models and new assays, and build strong internal scientific expertise in the immuno-oncology arena
• Independently plan, design, and execute in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo studies; analyze and interpret the data to support novel immuno-oncology drug discovery and development efforts
• Present research progress and recommendations to project team and senior staff and write study reports and manuscripts. Contribute to preparation of patent and IND filings
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work closely with cross-functional team members
• Manage junior scientists/research associates
Education and/or Experience
• PhD in cancer immunotherapy, immunology, or cancer biology with 4-6 years of experience in the field of immuno-oncology
• Strong motivation, independence, and ability to thinking critically and creatively to solve problems
• Strong publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
• Proven interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
• Direct experience in drug discovery is preferred
• Experience in RNA drug discovery is a plus
***Level of the position is flexible and commensurate based on candidate’s experience
Physical Job Requirements:
Office/Lab environment. Lifting to 20 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Company DescriptionNitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery.