Senior Scientist, Pharmacology
Position: Sr. Scientist I, Pharmacology
Reporting to: Staff Scientist, Pharmacology
Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Scientist to join our oncology drug discovery research team. The successful candidate will be a critical team member primarily involved in executing pre-clinical molecular oncology studies to evaluate novel drug candidates and treatment modalities.
· Execute in vitro pharmacology studies to demonstrate the drug efficacy and safety for lead targets
· Perform cell culture and maintenance of cancer cell lines to be used to assess novel compounds
· Must be proficient is conducting in vitro assays including qRT-PCR, transfection, ELISA, Toxicity, Protein isolation and Western blot, RNA extraction from in vivo and in vitro samples, hybridization assay, Flow cytometry, tissue dissociation technique.
· Contribute to the development of new translatable disease models, demonstrating proof of concept for novel therapeutic targets.
· Execute cell biological screening experiments
· Prepare lysate from animal tissue for validation assays including efficacy, biodistribution and toxicity
· Maintain accurate and timely records of experimental protocols, results, data analysis, and interpretation in laboratory notebooks
· Deliver research progress to cross-functional project teams
§ M.Sc. in biomedical sciences
§ 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry performing in biotechnology within relevant scientific discipline
§ Experience working with oligo nucleotide-based therapeutics
§ Work with multi-disciplinary teams to execute all aspects of biomarker and translational research relevant to oncology program
§ Broad knowledge in drug discovery and hands-on technical expertise
§ Excellent written and communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently and in a matrix team environment are essential
§ Able to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems
§ Ability to work well in collaborative fast-paced team environment
Physical Job Requirements:
Office/Lab environment. Lifting up to 20 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
§ Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job duties; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Company DescriptionNitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery.