Assistant, Lab Services
ASSISTANT, LAB SERVICES (FULL-TIME)
We have an opening for a full-time ASSISTANT, LAB SERVICES position.
Location: Astrazeneca - 121 Oyster Point Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94080. Note: online applications accepted only.
Schedule: F/T: Monday through Friday. More details upon interview.
Requirement: Previous lab support experience is preferred but not required.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Eurest Services is a premier facility services provider, offering leading national business and industry organizations a comprehensive range of self-performed and managed services, allowing our clients to focus on their core businesses in an optimal professional environment – an environment maintained by an exceptional, dedicated workforce. Using our proven processes and standards as blueprints, our management team thoughtfully crafts customized facility service strategies to efficiently and consistently meet the needs of our clients, while significantly reducing their costs. Our carefully selected employees are experts in their specialized fields, and they diligently and purposefully provide our clients with the highest caliber of service performance in the industry. We continuously strive to refine our skill sets and offer the most innovative facility solutions, anticipating the ever-changing needs of competitive and successful businesses, and building partnerships that enable our clients to focus on what matters most: their core businesses.
Full time associates at Eurest Services are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
Summary: Delivers exceptional lab services at client locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks and re-stocks safety glasses in airlocks and staging areas.
- Collects soiled glassware from glassware carts.
- Cleans and sterilizes glassware including beakers, flasks, tubes, bottles, cylinders, etc.
- Disposes of recycling in dumpster at central loading dock. Returns carts to stations; cleans as needed.
- Empties recycling bins in all areas as per schedule.
- Maintains inventory and levels of glassware.
- Operates washers and autoclaves according to operating instructions.
- Performs specialty autoclaving upon request.
- Performs sterilization checks on autoclaves.
- Keeps and maintains autoclave and washer records.
- Places “Basura” and/or “Recycling” stickers in the sleeves on the freezers for the scientists to utilize at every location.
- Prepares and maintains correct levels of buffer and media as required by following SOPs and instructions provided during training sessions.
- Provides glassware and lab consumable support to R&D scientists.
- Purges and maintains lab coat levels in airlocks and staging areas.
- Replenishes stock locations of glassware to minimum levels.
- Re-stocks Rainin supplies in stock room as needed.
- Scrapes ice buildup from -80degC freezers as per schedule by following parameters conveyed during training. Checks assigned units at least once per week.
- Maintains appropriate levels of general lab supplies in designated areas for scientists’ use; informs LabOps when replenishment orders need to be placed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Previous lab support experience greatly preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Req ID: 541804