Facilities Site Services Technician I
The Facilities Maintenance Technician, under the supervision of the Site Services Supervisor will be the individual responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in multiple fields such as carpentry, masonry, painting, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), and general cleaning among others in support of multiple facilities of Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies. Primary responsibilities include facilities and other structures inspection to detect malfunctions and identify needed repairs, perform minor electrical maintenance such as replacement or repair of fixtures, perform minor plumbing maintenance such as replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work such as drywall repairs, framing installation, hanging doors, furniture dismantle/installation and fitting locks/handles, and operate and maintain HVAC systems and associated equipment. Maintenance activities would include troubleshooting, preventative and corrective interventions. This position will be required to use technical manuals, on-line resources and OEM representatives to maintain the facility and associated equipment/systems operational with a minimum of downtime. This position will work with other maintenance and technical trades, such as contractors, engineers, metrology, validation and quality to help maintain the facility and associated equipment/systems operational and in GMP condition. Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cGMPs and Quality Standards in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility are mandatory.
This position will also work in support of the Environment, Health and Safety personnel (EHS) to ensure the systems are operated safely and within limits
- Responsible for providing routine building maintenance support in areas such as carpentry, masonry, painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and general cleaning among others.
- Responsible for facilities and other building structures inspection to detect malfunctions and identify needed repairs.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches/outlets, light bulbs, ballast, sockets, fuses, power cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, installing new lines, etc.).
- Perform minor painting, carpentry, masonry and construction work (e.g. drywall repairs, framing installation, floor repairs, paint application, hanging of pictures and shelving, furniture/modular office dismantle/installation, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Able to perform routine repair and maintenance functions with little supervision and to provide support to other technicians, specialized maintenance contractors or OEM on more complex equipment interventions.
- Perform daily work order activities per planning and scheduling.
- Responsible to coordinate, escort and oversee the work of contractors related to facility tasks.
- Ensure accurate documentation of maintenance activities.
- Able to work with other contractors, engineers, validations and quality control personnel regarding changes or improvements to the systems.
- Strict adherence to EH&S guidelines and policies to ensure safely operation of the equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance, as set forth in internal quality protocols and SOPs including cGMP and FDA regulatory guidelines, within the areas of responsibility.
- Maintain all mandatory training requirements current, ensuring compliance to site procedures and job performance qualifications.
- Demonstrate continuous personal pursuit to increasing job knowledge, proficiency in technical understanding, and problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer oriented attitude.
- Communicate concerns related to safe work practices, hostile work environment, or any other type of employee misconduct directly to the Supervisor, Manager, or Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of routine building maintenance tasks including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, among others.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of typical maintenance tasks, including PM. General principles of engineering, operations and maintaining equipment and the tools and equipment required to perform many of the daily maintenance tasks.
- Possess or have the ability to gain knowledge of FDA, OSHA, EH&S, EPA, and state of Texas requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, be self-motivated and possess interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively with little supervision when needed.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, state of the art, alternately research and customized manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as well as use of Computerized Maintenance Management System, CMMS.
- Knowledge of cGMP and cGDP requirements and procedures predisposed to documentation of work performed and maintaining clean work areas.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate portable tools, test instruments, as well as a computer keyboard, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Have a normal range of vision.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- Be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- High School Diploma plus 5 years of relevant maintenance work experience.
- Journey electrician license or refrigeration technician license.
- Understanding of clean room construction and basis of function highly desirable.
- Maintenance experience in manufacturing facility or related industry.