Associate Pilot Plant
The Amgen Rhode Island Process Development Process Engineering Lab (Pilot Plant) provides critical technical support for team supply, commercial process development, technology transfer, process characterization, and scale-up / scale-down activities. The Associate Pilot Plant will directly support the execution of cell culture, harvest, and purification process studies using 100L, 200L, 300L, 500L scale pilot equipment including bioreactors (Single Use and Stainless), chromatography skids, and filtration systems.
Daily activities consist of bioprocess equipment set up, operations and process sampling and monitoring. Operations include the set-up of bioreactors and vessels, flask passages, filtration, centrifugation harvest and downstream operations such as chromatography, titration and UF/DF. In addition, the Associate may perform new product introductions, technology transfer, and participate in equipment or experiment design. Perform SAP and inventory management activities to include, but not limited to requisitions, receipt, shipping, handling, transport, and storage, of raw materials. In addition, will support receiving, consuming, performing cycle counts, and general electronic inventory management activities.
The individual will be responsible for documentation in electronic lab notebooks. This is a day (administrative) shift that may include some off shift coverage as necessary.
Associates degree and 4 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- Bachelors degree in life sciences or engineering
- 2+ year of biotechnology experience in manufacturing, engineering or process development
- An established record of championing a culture of safety in a lab or manufacturing setting
- Experienced in performing bioprocess unit operations in cell culture and/or purification (Stainless and/or Single Use)
- Knowledge in troubleshooting process equipment issues including automation control strategies and utilities such as clean in place (CIP) and clean steam Specific hands on experience with Delta V
- Experience in the operation of control systems (Delta V) and method development on GE purification systems using Unicorn
- Experience of process data analysis and interpretation
- Experience in SAP and electronic inventory management systems
- Experience of collaboration within and across functional areas and sites
- Experience of customer service focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong computer skills
- Experience in leading Operational Excellence (OE) efforts to drive efficiency and safety Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.