The Engineer reports to the Senior Manager of the ARI Facilities & Engineering Equipment Engineering group. The position is responsible for maintenance and reliability engineering assignments at ARI.
- Apply basic engineering principles and practices in support of daily operation and maintenance of plant process systems.
- Recommend and implement improvements to equipment maintenance content in the Maximo computerized maintenance management system including equipment data, job plans, spare parts, safety data, planning information, and PM schedules.
- Work closely with multiple disciplines, including Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Maintenance, Process Development and Validation to ensure safe, compliant, effective and reliable operations.
- Organize, analyze, and effectively present results for operational issues, engineering projects or maintenance tasks of small to medium scope and complexity.
- Provide engineering support for design, construction, startup, commissioning and qualification of new or modified systems.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support.
- Provide field support to identify and resolve equipment performance issues (design, application, operations, maintenance, etc.).
- Support maintenance planning, scheduling and execution.
- Provide ad-hoc support outside normal shift including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Advance the use of condition based and predictive maintenance practices by incorporating advanced data analytics where applicable.
- Own investigations of abnormal conditions through Deviation and INCA business processes.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Engineering/Maintenance/Manufacturing experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Engineering/Maintenance/Manufacturing experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Engineering/Maintenance/Manufacturing experience
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Discipline preferred.
- Basic engineering principles and ability to apply them to resolve issues.
- Strong math and computer skills and possess the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively set priorities.
- Energetic and technically-minded individual.
- Ability to learn equipment and systems design, operation and maintenance requirements.
- Strong mechanical acumen.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.