QC Analyst I (QC Project Coordinator)
Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration and eliminate the risk of needle-stick injury.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for a QC Analyst I to join our growing South San Francisco team!
* Please note that we cannot sponsor Visas at this time.
The QC Analyst is responsible for coordination of QC data and handling samples, ensures all data is organized and archived per appropriate workflows and SOPs. The person in this role also works with GMP and non-GMP databases to ensure all samples are received, logged, stored, distributed, and tracked within defined timelines and interacts with QC laboratories and Manufacturing groups to prioritize samples.
- Updates daily, weekly, and monthly testing schedules.
- Manage QC sample inventory and retains sample inventory.
- Sends out test samples to Contract Testing Laboratories (CTL).
- Review CTL test results trends.
- Support QC assay transfer activities.
- Inspects all incoming materials through verification of specifications, and visual inspection.
- Manages QC sample inventory and retains sample inventory.
- Analyzes and documents results of test methods following cGMP guidelines for reporting test results.
- Effectively communicates updates and results from CTLs.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- BA/BS degree.
- 1+ year of relevant industry experience.
- 1+ year of prior QC and GMP experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate collaboratively with other independent workers and to train workers in new procedures, as necessary.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401K with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.