Senior Manager, Facilities Maintenance
Manager: Director, Facilities
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion.
Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
This customer-facing position is responsible for managing building and lab equipment maintenance and building operations at Sangamo’s Brisbane headquarters. The ideal candidate will implement best practices to streamline technical mechanical operations, as well as effectively managing outside vendors and technicians. Requires a person with strong customer-service instincts; outgoing, friendly, and collaborative. This position involves interacting and partnering with management and group leaders at the site and, due to the importance and frequency of these interactions, it is essential that the successful candidate possesses highly developed interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance and repair of the Brisbane facility to meet the Company’s objectives
- Generates preventative maintenance SOPs (standard operating procedures) to ensure building and lab equipment maintenance tasks are well defined and documented
- Builds preventative maintenance schedules and work tasks into CMMS (computerized maintenance management system)
- Oversees and completes preventive maintenance work on all plant equipment including air handlers, utility distribution equipment located throughout the plant; work may be on new equipment or rearrangement and/or retrofitting of existing equipment and accessories
- Support GMP Facilities function in minimizing downtime of GMP manufacturing plant due to building system and utility issues
- Reviews construction plans and drawings to determine the appropriateness of design and conformance to Sangamo Technical Standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the following systems including but not limited to:
- Building Management Systems HVAC systems
- Chillers and Boilers
- Process Gas and Cryogenic Gas systems Electrical transfer systems
- Emergency generator and UPS Fire systems
- Work includes troubleshooting, ordering and installation of parts and material on various equipment Evaluates equipment performance to continually improve the maintenance operations
- Implements methods for improving equipment maintenance and facilities related services in a proactive role and contributes to the quality-of-work environment through positive attitude
- Responds to emergencies as appropriate during off-hours, holidays and weekends
- Coach, mentor, and develop a high-functioning facilities maintenance team
- Provides training to other team members on technical facilities engineering and maintenance Stays abreast of laws, rules and regulations that could impact operations at Sangamo.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- 8 + years of biotechnology industry facilities maintenance management experience. Plus, 3 years of people management experience
- College degree in a technical field preferred. Facilities experience in a GMP manufacturing site preferred.
- Experience generating, implementing, and managing maintenance processes and procedures for facility and lab equipment
- Technical training with mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems is a plus
- Experience managing projects (construction and remodeling of labs and offices, equipment installations) is a plus
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
- Ability to work on highly complex problems in a variety of situations where analysis is required. Solve problems using considerable and rational judgement, leading to routine and specific recommendations Excellent presentation skills
- PowerPoint, MS Office, Visio/CAD desirable
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including but not limited to: prolonged standing; ability to lift, move, and pull 25 pounds; kneeling; etc.
- The labs may have a variety of environmental conditions. Appropriate protective clothing and equipment will be required along with appropriate training
- Ability to mentally and physically react effectively, quickly, calmly and rationally in case of an emergency
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.