Marketing Manager, Oncology Franchise Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
U.S. Strategic Marketing is a recently formed team within U.S. Commercial Oncology Marketing. Oncology Franchise Marketing is composed of six sub-teams: Consumer Marketing, Precision Medicine and Diagnostics, Advocacy and Professional Relationships, Strategy Thought Leader Strategy, Strategic Account Marketing and Franchise Marketing.
The Franchise Marketing team is responsible for leading strategy and maximizing effectiveness across all of U.S. Oncology as it relates to the following focus areas: Congresses, Sponsorships, Peer-to-Peer Programs, and GPO Execution. This group works collaboratively with other U.S. Commercial Oncology teams to establish and manage strategies derived from brand plans, create annual plans related to the above focus areas, and work alongside AbbVie internal functions to support flawless execution.
The Marketing Manager position will collaborate with Thought Leadership Liaisons (“TLLs”), brand marketing teams and the collaboration partner in the strategy, development and execution of peer-to-peer HCP marketing for hematology brands. This position is also responsible for managing and overseeing Speaker Program operational processes, including managing Speaker Program Vendor(s) to ensure thorough logistical planning and execution within the required timelines in collaboration with TLLs and brand teams. The role also manages live speaker trainings, content/deck development, and generates and presents reports to the sales and brand teams, as well as providing issues resolution and budget management.
The Manager will drive innovation in capabilities and approach to Speaker Program content and process, tools, technology, as well as stay abreast of trends and policies in those areas.
- Manage planning and logistics of live speaker training events
- Develop and gain alignment around innovative approaches to Speaker Program content and delivery
- Lead content development across the brand teams and collaboration partner
- Manage and oversee the tactical execution and accountability of key tactics including:
- Review and approval of derivative materials
- Oversee approval of SOWs/POs
- Coordinate and manage relevant vendors
- Resolve field issues for Speaker Programs
- Generate and present Speaker Program reports to internal stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to relevant policies and procedures related to planning and executing Speaker Programs
- Track cross-franchise Speaker Program budget
- Continually contribute to process and capability innovation through assessments and recommendations
- Stay current on all processes and procedures related to Speaker Programs
Level of the role will be determined based on candidate experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Solid business acumen
- Excellent diplomacy and facilitation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills, MS Office and third-party software as needed
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Knowledge of AbbVie policies, procedures, culture, and other brand team operations
- Knowledge and experience in hematology markets
- Continuous Improvement and/or Change Management skills
- Speaker Program management experience desired (Client or Agency)
Hematology and future Oncology cross-functional teams, including Brand, Internal and External Agency Partners, Managed Health Care / GPO, Medical, MABI, Legal, OEC, GMCO, Patient Advocacy, Commercial Excellence, and collaboration partners
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.