Associate Director, Digital Technology and Patient Reported Outcome Implementation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Purpose: Team leader who will work in a matrixed environment to implement predefined digital technologies and PRO/COA strategies and tactics in support of clinical research, including continuous process improvement, training, vendor strategies, and compliance initiatives. They will partner closely with functions within R&D to ensure deliverables are met per timeline and with quality.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Interprets policies and procedures and translates requirements into efficient processes. Assesses impact of changes across the enterprise, with focus on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, managing, training, onboarding, growth and development of their direct reports.
- Facilitates issue resolution with all levels, including senior management, in clinical dev ops, purchasing, legal, HEOR, and DSS. Translates lessons learned into process improvements.
- Defines KPIs for key PRO/COA and digital implementation activities and owns accountability for delivering expected results.
- Partners with HEOR, Strategic Technology Innovation and IEST to proactively identify needs and requirements for upcoming clinical trials.
- Drives accountability for PRO/COA and digital implementation during study start-up and acts as a SME as required.
- Provides strategic expertise and oversight for PRO/COA licensing, translations, and intelligence, and digital technology implementation and outcomes.
- Provides timely patient and site adherence metrics, technical issue reporting and country-specific requirements to Strategic Technology Innovation to guide future technology selection.
- Provide technical expertise and training to the organization in support of PRO/COA and digital technology activities during study start up.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field or equivalent; Associate Degree, R.N., or equivalent with relevant experience is acceptable.
- At least 10 years (and/or applicable work experience) in clinical research demonstrating a high level of core, technical, and leadership competencies through setting and driving strategy and leading a team.
- Possesses good communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Considered a subject matter expert in the application of standard business procedures (International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Global Regulations, Ethics and Compliance).
- Must have experience effectively working in a matrixed organization.
- Demonstration of successful coaching, mentoring, and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority.
- Integral participation in initiatives or advancement strategies for clinical operations.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.