Director, Talent Management R&D
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director, Talent Management will join a diverse, collaborative team of talent specialists whose primary purpose is to drive performance through talent strategies. This individual will be instrumental in educating and influencing leaders and Business Human Resources (BHR) on talent management best practices to drive talent outcomes and business performance for R&D globally.
- Lead a cross-functional team of Talent colleagues to create and implement a comprehensive talent strategy to advance the talent pipeline with a focus on critical roles.
- Partner with the VP, BHR and team along with cross functional partners to develop and lead the talent strategy, driving outcomes for R&D globally in alignment with the broader AbbVie Talent strategy and practices.
- Coach all levels of leadership to identify top talent within the organization and differentiate their development creating a deep pipeline of talent.
- Lead process implementation for Performance Management and Talent Reviews; train BHR on practice, process and tools. Support BHR and influence leaders to implement the processes to consistent, high standards.
- Assess outcomes of talent management processes and drive better process and talent outcomes year over year.
- Provide expert consultation on all phases of talent management such as succession planning, assessment and feedback, development planning, and senior leader transitions.
- Provide insights that lead to solutions and actions to build capability of talent.
- Serve as member of VP, BHR extended staff and the Talent Management leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 years in Human Resources Management with emphasis in Talent Management practice.
- Proven experience leading teams directly and indirectly
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills of senior-level leaders.
- Fluency working with HR analytics to identify insights that lead to improved talent outcomes.
- Effective in managing complex projects across multi-disciplinary, matrix environments.
- Ability to build executive ready presentations and influence executive audiences.
- Experienced in developing strategies and implementing the related tactics.
- Experienced in leveraging senior business leaders to sponsor solutions.
Advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Management; Experience in Pharmaceutical industry; Experience living and working in a range of countries and cultures.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.