Manager, Digital Technology Implementation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Purpose: This role will be responsible for supporting implementation of predefined digital technology into clinical trials. They will be responsible for guiding clinical teams through structured processes and procedures, in collaboration with various stakeholder groups managing strategic deliverables (Data Sciences, Regulatory, Medical Writing and QA).
- Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Provide project management supporting digital technology for all Therapeutic Areas within Clinical Development Operations
- Interact with Digital Health Strategist, Strategic Technology Innovation, Purchasing, Data Sciences, , Legal and the clinical teams to ensure all processes are followed to facilitate successful digital technology implementation with respect to vendor contract initiation, project milestones, timelines, and deliverables during Study Start up.
- Supports the provision of patient and site adherence metrics, technical issue reporting and country-specific requirements to Strategic Technology Innovation to guide future technology selection.
- In collaboration with Strategic Technology Innovation, provide strategic & technical expertise in support of digital technology activities during study start up.
- May also support patient centered/PRO licensing and translation activities
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field or equivalent with relevant experience is acceptable.
- A minimum of 6 years of global (direct or peripheral) clinical research or project management experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of core and technical competencies through management of various components of clinical research.
- Possesses good communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Competent in application of standard business procedures (Standard Operating Procedures) and understand the global environment from an operation’s and regulatory/ (GCP) Good Clinical Practices) perspective
- Must have experience effectively working in a matrixed organization.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.