Analytics & BI Platforms Manager, Patient Services & Consumer Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As part of the US Commercial Patient Services BTS organization, the Analytics & BI Platforms Manager will be responsible for planning, requirements, design, implementation, delivery, and operations of Analytics & business intelligence Reporting solutions to MABI, Care Model Operations (CMO), Marketing, and BTS stakeholders supporting Patient Services and Consumer Marketing business organizations. This role will engage with business stakeholders to understand strategic business reporting requirements and will be responsible for planning, estimation, build, delivery, management, and operations of analytics and BI solutions. This position is expected to work with minimal oversight, managing incremental cycles of report delivery across channels & brands, ensuring standardization & consistency, overseeing robust documentation, aligning priorities across stakeholders, and communicating impact to end users.
- Establish and manage collaborative working relationships with key stake holders within the Business, BTS and external implementation partners, to understand the organization’s business strategy, specific business reporting needs, and provide relevant updates
- Create strategies aimed to improve business reporting and planning processes utilizing continuous improvement across functions, ensuring that project commitments are achieved, compliance, business, and data privacy requirements are met; and launch plans are executed.
- Lead the strategy to evaluate marketing analytics and business intelligence platform and define roadmap to consolidate the platforms.
- Lead multiple development teams and manage multiple platforms (Qlik, Thought Spot, Tableau, Datorama, Power BI) for different analytical and operational reporting needs of consumer and patient services business functions.
- Act as BTS liaison with business team, understand business strategy and needs related to reporting analytics, and lead BTS and partner teams for development and successful implementation of dashboards, data visualization reports to provide actionable insights for business decision making.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable data privacy for Consumer data, including all relevant Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Provide project leadership to BTS team in prioritizing team projects, formulating project strategies, manage portfolio of business intelligence projects, working with the program/project manager.
- Provide written and verbal project status updates as required against milestones to project stakeholders and take ownership for project related communications to business and BTS leadership.
- Partnering with Enterprise BTS organization evaluate and establish business intelligence best practices and solutions related to data visualization and data mining and provide thought leadership on consolidation of reporting platforms for operational & analytics data visualization and modelling.
- Manage the budget - monitor and control resources, expenses, and capital costs against the budget
- Bachelor’s Degree 7 years of experience, Master’s Degree 6 years of experience, PhD 2 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Proven experience partnering with external vendors or implementation partners ensuring optimization of delivery of service.
- 5+ yrs. of experience in reporting solutions delivery management including: Resourcing, Project Execution, Incident Management, Change Management and Project Finance Management.
- Proven experience identifying strategies for risk mitigation to reduce or eliminate issues.
- Knowledge of SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity
- Demonstrate Experience with more than one data visualization tool such as Qlik, PowerBI, Datorama, Tableau and knowledge of analytics capabilities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Proven experience with Project Management, specifically Project Execution, Demand management, Change Management and Release and Deployment Management.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience with Service Operations in a multi-sourced and multi-project environment.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven track record of delivering a collection of marketing analytics and business intelligence reporting projects and products for a portfolio size of about $2M, specifically within pharma and life sciences industry.
- Good experience in business development, project delivery and client relationship management in a technology environment
- Must be able to work within a matrix organization – balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals
- Must be able to identify appropriate product/service offerings and come up with recommendations to meet the functional area needs
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, and should be able to navigate ambiguity and rapid change in terms of project/program priorities
- Strong collaboration skills to build teams across business boundaries
- Drives operational improvements and efficiencies through the creation and implementation of rigorous process and controls, acts as a gatekeeper for quality
- Experience in managing external vendors/customer relationships, and in commercial negotiations benefiting the IT programs
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural competence
- Proven delivery excellence, ideally using Agile methodologies
- Strong leadership qualities and a passion for building high performing teams
- Good business acumen and ability to negotiate with business partners
- Good executive presence with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Conduct regular 1:1 briefing with the team members on an on-going and regular basis:
- know the status of projects in his/her span of control and any key issues that may impact scope or budget
- synthesize and communicate project and business issues on an on-going basis, manage the group’s awareness of major business and IT issues, and help to prevent escalations, where possible
- Oversee the hiring and training of new and existing staff, conduct performance reviews, and provide leadership, technical guidance and coaching to staff. Build organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.