RESEARCH ASSOCIATE 1 OR 2, IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY (BRIS 2.129)
Unity Biotechnology is seeking to hire a Research Associate to join the in vivo pharmacology team. This position will support preclinical efforts to characterize and develop drug candidates designed to improve human healthspan by modifying diseases associated with aging and cellular senescence.
The candidate should be creative and have both a passion for biology and an interest in using animal models to study human disease. The position requires a self-motivated individual seeking a hands-on, lab-based role using in vivo animal models and in vitro methodologies to contribute to specific project goals as part of a dynamic team. The duties of the job include animal handling/dosing, experimental design and execution, analysis/interpretation of data, and presentation (verbal/written) of findings at team meetings. The successful candidate will also be expected to maintain compliance with animal care policies.
- Animal handling/dosing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with RNA assays –extraction techniques, quality analysis, quantitative PCR, quantigene, etc.
- Experience with protein assays - ELISA, SDS-PAGE, and multiplexed protein assays (MSD, Luminex)
- Tissue cell isolation and flow cytometry; immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-4 years of relevant scientific experience in academia/industry or a Master’s degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Degree in biology, physiology, bioengineering or related field.
- Curiosity, an eagerness to learn new skills and the ability to work as part of a team to meet timelines and achieve goals.
- Exceptional communication, organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and analyze data sets using excel and other graphing programs